British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off topic (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Regimental Crests and Letterheads (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79734)

gurkharifles 13-07-20 11:10 AM

Regimental Crests and Letterheads

3 Attachment(s)
I've collected Gurkha crests and letterheads for a number of years - I think they are interesting pieces of Regimental emphera in their own right but also extremely useful in terms of dating insignia. Recently I bought two albums at auction - The first is a Gale & Poden British Army Album - which I think is the equivalent to today's football sticker albums - when school boys collected packets of crests ( 2 dozen in a packet costing 6 pence ) - and then mounted them in an album . The second Album is more interesting containing actual letterheads and crests cut from correspondence and neatly arranged by Regiment - there were also several hundred of loose crests mostly Indian and Colonial regiments ( there were only a few Gurkha ones and none that I didn't already have ) - If any forum member wants to see a photo of their particular Regiment then just let me know. Tim

leigh kitchen 13-07-20 11:25 AM

They're attractive little items, I have two small albums with pasted in regimental and other crests..
I scanned the military ones a few years ago after you posted a thread about crests on the forum but never got around to adding to that thread.

gurkharifles 13-07-20 03:50 PM

Royal Munster Fusiliers

8 Attachment(s)
As requested by John - Royal Munster Fusiliers crests

norfolk regt man 13-07-20 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gurkharifles (Post 515962)
I've collected Gurkha crests and letterheads for a number of years - I think they are interesting pieces of Regimental emphera in their own right but also extremely useful in terms of dating insignia. Recently I bought two albums at auction - The first is a Gale & Poden British Army Album - which I think is the equivalent to today's football sticker albums - when school boys collected packets of crests ( 2 dozen in a packet costing 6 pence ) - and then mounted them in an album . The second Album is more interesting containing actual letterheads and crests cut from correspondence and neatly arranged by Regiment - there were also several hundred of loose crests mostly Indian and Colonial regiments ( there were only a few Gurkha ones and none that I didn't already have ) - If any forum member wants to see a photo of their particular Regiment then just let me know. Tim

Hi Tim, I would like to the Norfolk’s, that’s 9th and 54th foot and there Regt, militia, vols, thanks andrew

Tiger Pete 14-07-20 02:48 AM

Hi Tim,

A great lot! I have a couple of dozen on matching mounts which I've now framed.

Would you mind showing any other Royal Sussex (35th and 107th) please?

Kind Regards,

Pete

Rob Miller 14-07-20 05:42 AM

I collect these crests too, I would be interested in seeing and Devon related ones please, 11th 20th 46th foot.

Rob

gurkharifles 14-07-20 08:01 AM

Norfolk

4 Attachment(s)
As requested

gurkharifles 14-07-20 08:05 AM

35th and 107th

6 Attachment(s)
As requested

gurkharifles 14-07-20 08:09 AM

11th 20th and 46th

10 Attachment(s)
As requested

Tiger Pete 14-07-20 09:18 AM

Thank you

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gurkharifles (Post 516096)
As requested

Thanks GR!

Here are mine so far.

KR,

Pete

MarkGD 14-07-20 09:44 AM

Tim, wonderful thing, do you have much for the Connaught Rangers (88th & 94th)
I have one, still connected to the letter, 2nd Bn. Regards Mark

gurkharifles 14-07-20 10:05 AM

88th & 94th

8 Attachment(s)
Here you go Mark

norfolk regt man 14-07-20 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gurkharifles (Post 516095)
As requested

Thanks Tim, I will be looking at mine tonight, to see if there is any I don’t have.

MarkGD 14-07-20 10:57 AM

Thanks Tim, appreciated, some i've not seen! Is there a 1st Bn one, above the 'CR' shield ? - Best Regards Mark

gurkharifles 14-07-20 02:41 PM

It's the same as the shield Mark - no 88 intertwined with the cypher.