British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Infantry (& Guards) Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Scottish Regiments (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188)

Stanley_C_Jenkins 26-12-07 06:48 PM

Scottish Regiments

1 Attachment(s)
There has been such a load of utter rubbish on British television this Christmas that I retreated to my room to sort out some badges. I decided to have a closer look at some of my Scottish badges, and found one which I could not immediately identify. On a footnote, it struck me for the first time that many of these badges were asymmetrical, this one being a good example.

Alan O 26-12-07 07:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
These are my 3 Cameronian badges. 2 ORs badge which have a slightly different arrangement of the wreath. The thicker one on the top right is WW2 vintage. The third larger badge is the SNCOs badge.

Alan

jeanpit-frenchy 26-12-07 07:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
my badge .....like your badge :)

Stanley_C_Jenkins 26-12-07 08:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If they are Cameronian badges, what is the significance of this badge? Could it be part of the Liverpool Scottish? (I know very little about Scottish regiments).

Alan O 26-12-07 08:50 PM

That is the Camerons (the Liverpool Scotish post 1937 were on of their Bns). The other badge is the Cameronians. Also known as the Scottish Rifles.

Alan

longbowman21 26-12-07 09:46 PM

Hi Alan, Your badge is the 79th foot the Queens Own Cameron Highlanders. The Liverpool Scottish is the 10th(Scottish) Battalion of the Camerons. If you need a good reference book for scottish badges I would suggest you get a copy of "Scottish regimental Badges 1793-1971 which includes commenwealth forces by W.H and K.D.Bloomer. This book has over 500 illustrations

Have a great christmas, even if the tele is lousy.

Geoff (longbowman21)

KLR 26-12-07 10:27 PM

Whoops. No it was NOT the 10th Bn of the Camerons.
The 'Lpl Scottish' HAD BEEN the 10th Bn of the Kings LIverpool Regt but in 1937 transferred to become a Bn of the Cameron Highlanders - and so remained until 1967.

Stanley_C_Jenkins 27-12-07 12:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, here's another one.

longbowman21 27-12-07 04:50 PM

Thanks for pointing that mistake out,hate to give wrong and misleading info to anyone.
You are of course quite right, my apologies to Alan. I must have been wearing my grants whisky head when I wrote it.

geoff.

tynesideirish 27-12-07 05:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
4th Volunteer Bn.

tynesideirish 27-12-07 05:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
5th Volunteer Bn.

tynesideirish 27-12-07 08:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Sergeants Pouch badge.

longbowman21 29-12-07 01:19 AM

Hi,

Many thanks for posting this item, I have one in my own collection, but was
unsure of just what it was, seemed too large and heavy for a glengarry.

Would you beleive it? Have not looked at this badge for a couple of years, and had no info
on it. Following this posting came across a site in Scotland showing the same badge(However)
this one had three posts the extra one behind the crown. This makes perfect sense to make the fixing safer on a pouch. I am now wondering if Tynesideirish and I have a couple of duffers.

Geoff.

Toby Purcell 10-01-08 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley_C_Jenkins (Post 1032)
Well, here's another one.

Thats the WW2 version Stanley. Interestingly in WW1 they were part of the King's LIverpool Regiment (8th Foot), as opposed to the Cameron Highlanders (79th Foot) and had an entirely different badge with a Scottish theme based on the saltire, but with the 'King's' Prancing Horse superimposed. No doubt a member (Frenchy?) will have an illustration.

jeanpit-frenchy 10-01-08 06:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Toby Purcell (Post 1578)
Thats the WW2 version Stanley. Interestingly in WW1 they were part of the King's LIverpool Regiment (8th Foot), as opposed to the Cameron Highlanders (79th Foot) and had an entirely different badge with a Scottish theme based on the saltire, but with the 'King's' Prancing Horse superimposed. No doubt a member (Frenchy?) will have an illustration.

you think about this one !! (2 pieces badge)....:)..... it's the 10 th LIVERPOOL (scotish)