British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Royal Artillery, Royal Engineers and Royal Signals. (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   www.signalsbadges.co.uk site update (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74434)

Chris Walker 04-07-19 02:08 PM

www.signalsbadges.co.uk site update

6 Attachment(s)
Dear Friends.

From time to time in the past I have advised the Forum of recent updates to my little web site. www.signalsbadges.co.uk so people do not have to scroll through the whole site to see what I have done.

On the 30th June 2019 I updated the site with a few new entries all in the UK Section of the site.

Just to make your life a little easier I thought I would list the items I have recently added for your enjoyment.

1. Jnr Leaders Regiment Royal Signals Black Parade belt used between 1963 and 64.

2. Jnr Leaders Regiment Royal Signals Pipers Cross Belt and Fittings

3. Army Apprentice College, Harrogate Pipers Cross Belt and fittings from 1968 when the college was a Signals Badged Regiment.

4. Original JLR and Gurkha Signals Cland Grant Plaid Brooch from 1955 and 1960.

5. Pair of White Backed Officers Bullion Collar Badges Royal Signals.

6. 61st (City of Edinburgh) Signals Regiment TA Pipers Glen Barry badge from 1962.

Hope you enjoy.

Best wishes

Chris Walker
www.signalsbadges.co.uk

Attachment 209122

Alex Rice 05-07-19 07:16 AM

Thanks Chris, amazing collection.

Expat Yeoman 07-07-19 08:58 AM

Some lovely items there Chris, congrats on the finds and thanks for sharing them.

Chris Walker 03-04-20 11:04 AM

White backed Officers Bullion collar badges

3 Attachment(s)
Dear Friends.

Back in July 2019 I showed in my Thread a Pair of White backed Officers Bullion Collar badges.

At the time I thought they were unbelievably rare.

I have since then found another pair of these very rare collar badges. Not exactly a matching set like the first set but a pair never the less.

I show below the Bandmaster of the Royal Signals Band dating from 2002 wearing a set of these badges.

I now also show the other two sets of these badges. One photo not as good as it could have been but there are two sets.

The reason for the continuation of this Thread is this. Has any other member of the Forum seen a set of these collar badges and if so could they show us a photo of them.

Hope this is of interest to members.

Best wishes

Chris Walker
signalsbadge.co.uk

bess55 03-04-20 06:43 PM

Cracking site Chris.

Drummajor 06-04-20 08:58 AM

Nice badges

Mike B 07-04-20 11:41 AM

Chris
Many thanks for the link to your excellent site - it is a real treasure trove of information and insignia - much appreciate you sharing it.
Mike

Chris Walker 29-09-20 01:07 PM

Royal Signal White backed collar badges

1 Attachment(s)
Dear Friends.

Further to my Thread on the 20th April 2020 regarding Royal Signals white backed collar badges and my thought as to them being a little rare.

Well, there is currently a pair for sale on a job lot of Royal Signals Regular Units
currently up for sale on ebay.

Not as rare as I thought then !!!!!

Best wishes

Chris Walker
signalsbadges@gmail.com

Alex Rice 30-09-20 06:41 AM

I think, having only identified 3 pairs so far, they could still be considered fairly rare :D

Chris Walker 06-10-20 12:58 PM

White backed Officers Bullion collar badges

1 Attachment(s)
Dear Alex.

Thanks for the thought that the White backed Bullion collar badges are still fairly rare.

Just found another pair for sale on Ebay 6th October 2020.

Years of collecting and never seen one set now they are coming along in droves .
Can't believe it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best wishes

Chris Walker
signalsbadges@gmai.com