British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Topics. (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Passing of a Forum member (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76049)

irish 18-11-19 03:34 PM

Passing of a Forum member

I was sad to hear today that Stephen Risby “badjez” has passed away. I had communicated with Stephen in the past and always found his posts informative. A package with formation signs sent to him had just arrived but unfortunately he had passed the day prior. This being communicated to me by his wife. Let us all remember Stephen as a good fellow and collector.

manchesters 18-11-19 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irish (Post 492668)
I was sad to hear today that Stephen Risby “badjez” has passed away. I had communicated with Stephen in the past and always found his posts informative. A package with formation signs sent to him had just arrived but unfortunately he had passed the day prior. This being communicated to me by his wife. Let us all remember Stephen as a good fellow and collector.

Thats sad, have dealt with steve a few times in the past.
RIP

arrestingu 18-11-19 03:42 PM

...very sad ,it always seems the nicest people go to soon ..may he rest in peace.

Roy 18-11-19 03:51 PM

Very sad to hear this.

Roy

grey_green_acorn 18-11-19 03:57 PM

Very sad news, I too had exchanged information with Stephen in the recent past and he was a stalwart member of the Military Heraldry Society and contributor to the Formation Sign and this forum.

RIP

Tim

Bill A 18-11-19 04:41 PM

My condolences to Stephen's wife, family and friends.

Postwarden 18-11-19 04:44 PM

A very sad loss of a knowledgeable gentleman who contributed a great deal to our hobby.

Jon

leigh kitchen 18-11-19 04:45 PM

Yes, sad news.
I met he and his wife just the once, a year or two ago when they stopped off on a short visit.
Nice people.

Sonofacqms 18-11-19 04:56 PM

Stephen will be missed I'm sure by all who knew him and who he shared his knowledge with, but especially his family.

I met him a few times at Bedford Arms Fair and found him a great and knowledgeable fellow badge collector.

RIP Stephen

Rob

mooke07 18-11-19 06:00 PM

A sad loss and my thoughts and prayers are with his family. We corresponded and shared a keen interest in things East Anglian. I shall miss him.

Dean

gb64 18-11-19 06:07 PM

A sad loss indeed, condolences to his family & friends

Gerard

Peter Brydon 18-11-19 06:26 PM

I met Stephen and Helen on a number of occasions both at MHS meetings and a couple of times when they came to my home when they were back visiting the Uk. We have lost a great friend of the Forum
and an enthusiastic military historian.

Very very sad news.

P.B.

slick_mick 18-11-19 07:10 PM

Oh wow! That is really sad news.

May he Rest In Peace.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Mick

tonyb 18-11-19 07:28 PM

Very sad news, condolences to his family.
Tony.

Mick104450 18-11-19 07:37 PM

Yes a really sad time,condolences to his wife and family.