British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Anodised Aluminium Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   ACF, CCF & OTC (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62858)

Mike H 05-07-17 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William (Post 411704)
Thanks Peter. V impressed by your large-size Liverpool OTC (Kings) cap badge; the first I've seen and thanks for sharing. Maybe one day I'll get one?

Please can you show a pic of the back of the badge, or perhaps just say who is the manufacturer?

Best regards

William

Its not marked ,and lugs north and south.
Besides Peter's example i only know of one other.

Mike H 05-07-17 12:41 PM

Sheffield UTC is missing.
Bham OTC in silver too,but it was supposedly worn by security staff. Whether that is just a myth i dont know.
I will check my records later and check against known examples. Theres a few that possibly existed but nobody seems to have produced an example .

Alan O 05-07-17 01:14 PM

I forgot the WRAC for up to 1991 female UOTC OCdts wore the a/a WRAC badge.

From the late 1980s most of the Southampton UOTC female cadets actually wore the officers No1 dress WRAC badge in s/g on their berets; that was due to the fact that Tim the NRPS storeman had mistakenly entered the wrong NSN!

Mike H 05-07-17 05:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ive checked and as Alan said previously Cardiff pre the dragon and Southampton pre the re-introduction of the shield badge.
This one isn't there,ive never seen one. But somebody must have one as I have an image.
Also the large Liverpool UOTC.
Btw the badge is not mine.

hagwalther 05-07-17 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William (Post 411653)
Today's framing of Agonised Ally UOTC, CCF and ACF cap badges...

Hi William,

Some pretty rare items on show!

I have a feeling that you now have probably the most complete collection of A/A cap badges out there!

Regards,

Chris

William 06-07-17 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hagwalther (Post 411797)
Hi William,

Some pretty rare items on show!

I have a feeling that you now have probably the most complete collection of A/A cap badges out there!

Regards,

Chris

Wow! Thanks Chris - it would be quite a claim and I've been grateful for your considerable input.

As it looks like I am home for the next three months, am also available for interested visitors.

All the best and thanks again for yr generous comment.

William

William 06-07-17 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike H (Post 411745)
Ive checked and as Alan said previously Cardiff pre the dragon and Southampton pre the re-introduction of the shield badge.
This one isn't there,ive never seen one. But somebody must have one as I have an image.
Also the large Liverpool UOTC.
Btw the badge is not mine.

Hi Mike! Did you receive my sms texts?

W

Mike H 06-07-17 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William (Post 411832)
Hi Mike! Did you receive my sms texts?

W

No mate. Have changed my number :( .