British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Topics. (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Member passing (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90565)

Chipper 10-08-22 05:06 PM

Member passing

It is with great sadness I must let the forum know of the passing of James Shevels, Charliedog012012.

James was a dear friend, and he and I would attend the Stratford fair together. We had a mutual love of collecting, but deeper than that, we were friends. James had been stoically fighting illness for some time. His true love, Sandra his wife, has asked me to convey his passing to you all.

I will miss James so very much. He and I emailed several times a week, and there was no-one more excited to get a badge, rare or common, than James. Those that have seen his drawings album will know he had many talents, but the main one was he was a true gentleman. We have lost a great man.

Tim

mike_vee 10-08-22 05:16 PM

"May He Rest in Peace"

A real gentleman who always had a kind word , we swapped stories , badges and he became a friend rather than simply a forum member.

Please pass on my respects to his family.

Luke H 10-08-22 05:16 PM

I’m so sorry to hear that Tim. Although I never met James we exchanged PM’s and emails. A very kind, humble and genuine person. I loved seeing his drawings of badges, a very talented draughtsman and I was privileged enough that he drew one at my request.

Deepest sympathies to all his family and friends, he really will be very greatly missed.

Home Guard 10-08-22 05:30 PM

Truly sorry to read this. My sympathies to his wife and family.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for a friend stopped running..."

Terry

Rob Miller 10-08-22 05:59 PM

Very sorry to hear this, my condolences to his family.

Rob

manchesters 10-08-22 06:07 PM

Thats awful news.

RIP James

Sonofacqms 10-08-22 06:08 PM

Sad news, my condolences to his family.

Rob

Shiny 10-08-22 06:50 PM

Deepest condolences to his wife and family and to you on the loss of your friend.

Michael

billy 10-08-22 07:13 PM

Condolences to his Family, and yourself, a nice bloke all round!

Hawthorn 10-08-22 07:34 PM

Very sad news, my condolences to his Family.

Simon.

grenadierguardsman 10-08-22 07:39 PM

RIP James.
Andy

3dg 10-08-22 09:13 PM

Always sad to hear about a member passing.
My sincere condolences to his family.
Rest in peace James.

Chris

slick_mick 10-08-22 09:19 PM

My condolences to James's family and friends.

May you rest in peace.

Mick

gb64 10-08-22 09:21 PM

RIP James, sad news indeed, a respected member of the forum, condolences to his family& friends.

Gerard

Fatherofthree 10-08-22 10:22 PM

Extremely sad to read this; I met James once only, at Stratford, we exchanged a few emails and I did send him a few bits and pieces for his collections.

He had offered to do one of his superb drawings of a badge of my choosing, but unfortunately I never got around to letting him know which one.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Regards.

Brian.