British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Militaria (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   crested ware headgear of WWI and before (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90400)

JerryBB 24-07-22 01:54 PM

crested ware headgear of WWI and before

5 Attachment(s)
my growing collection of crested ware in the shape of headgear

Home Guard 24-07-22 03:34 PM

Jerry,

I like those a lot!!! Thanks for sharing!

Terry

JerryBB 24-07-22 08:48 PM

Terry, thanks, I have a soft spot for these. I saw a navy ratings cap recently but did not hit the buy it now button, though I assume I will see another

dumdum 25-07-22 12:40 AM

I have a Brodie style helmet. Tried it out on the cat but it was too small!:D

My personal fave is the Mills grenade I have, complete with hole for a pin. Surely they never got that desperate?

JerryBB 25-07-22 05:13 AM

I have few others, tank, tent, ambulance among them, but the headgear is my fave

dumdum 25-07-22 05:30 AM

Hi Jerry

Have you got an aeroplane? Mine looks like a Bleriot but much closer to a perambulator...or a shopping trolley...it's a toss up!

CAM 25-07-22 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryBB (Post 583983)
my growing collection of crested ware in the shape of headgear

Showed my wife and her comment was "That is a little niche" before stating that the pith helmet didn't have a crest. It was the toe and look that spoke more!

wardog 25-07-22 12:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Military crested collection mainly connected by towns being located within 10 miles of Slough train station! Regards, Paul.
Attachment 271031 Attachment 271032

manchesters 25-07-22 01:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my Ashton under Lyne Army:D

wardog 25-07-22 01:26 PM

I should think that's a very good collection of just military items for most towns Simon. I had to spread the net. Regards, Paul.

manchesters 25-07-22 01:31 PM

Paul.

I am continually amazed how many varieties there actually are of these.
I have 4 different tanks for example.

I would love to find a hand grenade one.

regards

wardog 25-07-22 01:43 PM

Simon, I would want Tommy and his Vickers MG. There were some nice items on ebay recently for Uxbridge. I only bought 2 or Uxbridge would have taken over. Same problem with Windsor.
Any of your items have a retail address mark? I guess if a town did not have a retailer selling crested china there will be non to be found. My Uxbridge Shelley China Armoured Car is marked C Hall China Rooms Uxbridge. Regards, Paul.

Home Guard 25-07-22 03:58 PM

Well, I can see now I am going to have to find me an ambulance!!! Jerry is yours the same as Simon's or were there different ones?

Excellent little collections gentlemen!

Terry

JerryBB 25-07-22 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dumdum (Post 584037)
Hi Jerry

Have you got an aeroplane? Mine looks like a Bleriot but much closer to a perambulator...or a shopping trolley...it's a toss up!

Not as yet, but one day, also need a m/cycle, ship, submarine etc....

JerryBB 25-07-22 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAM (Post 584047)
Showed my wife and her comment was "That is a little niche" before stating that the pith helmet didn't have a crest. It was the toe and look that spoke more!

Lol, I think it is quite rare with the blue & white design, certainly unusual