British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cavalry, Yeomanry, Tank/RAC Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Reenactment Impression (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77727)

DragoonGuard 10-03-20 08:19 PM

Reenactment Impression
 
1 Attachment(s)
Hello All

I'm putting together the 254th Indian tank division impression

I've found a great replica badge maker (Montys Locker)

Great quality replica copies.

The 3rd Carbiniers I'm trying to do.

Does anyone know where I can find replica NCO arm badges for this regiment?

Many thanks

grenadierguardsman 10-03-20 08:28 PM

I hope you'll find on here that many of us will refer to replica's, quite simply as fakes. That in time could be passed on as genuine, by dodgy or misinformed individuals. Can you, or would you not prefer to collect original items ?
Andy

Phil2M 10-03-20 08:35 PM

I would guess that the OP author wants to wear the insignia and as such would not want to potentially be putting genuine insignia onto replica uniform.

Nozzer 10-03-20 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grenadierguardsman (Post 502607)
I hope you'll find on here that many of us will refer to replica's, quite simply as fakes. That in time could be passed on as genuine, by dodgy or misinformed individuals. Can you, or would you not prefer to collect original items ?
Andy

Double standards slightly.....

https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...ad.php?t=77693

grenadierguardsman 10-03-20 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nozzer (Post 502609)

No not really, that would never pass off as genuine.
Andy

Nozzer 10-03-20 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grenadierguardsman (Post 502611)
No not really, that would never pass off as genuine.
Andy

Probably not, but it is still a fake.

There are many different people on this forum, for many different reasons. If the original poster of this thread wants to create an accurate reconstruction for reenactment then so be it, I certainly have no problem with it.

grenadierguardsman 10-03-20 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nozzer (Post 502613)
Probably not, but it is still a fake.

There are many different people on this forum, for many different reasons. If the original poster of this thread wants to create an accurate reconstruction for reenactment then so be it, I certainly have no problem with it.

Nozzer
All ive done is express an opinion. Im not going to change this chaps mind, and im not going to hold anything against him. Its just an opinion.....
Andy

DragoonGuard 10-03-20 10:51 PM

I do collect original items.

But I do not wish to sew on original insignia on my reenactment uniform.

The replicas will now be known as fakes.

Thank you for the correction it was noted

Phil2M 10-03-20 11:07 PM

Replica, repro, fake, restrike, all pretty much interchangeable.

Walt P 11-03-20 12:34 AM

Wow......sensitive topic. How about "MUSEUM QUALITY REPRODUCTION" or "REASONABLE FACSIMILE FOR DISPLAY PURPOSES". Cheers,

Walt


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:49 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.