British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Airborne, Elite and Special Forces Insignia (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Never Not Ready RAF Parachute Units (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36342)

tynesideirish 03-12-13 04:20 PM

Never Not Ready RAF Parachute Units

I've just been lucky enough to open a package this morning containing a massive tome called Never Not Ready The History of RAF Regiment Parachute Units 1942-2012 by Graeme Deeley. 652 packed pages.

I have only flicked through it at the moment but WOW! If only every unit had such a fantastic fully illustrated history as this. To say this book outdid even my wildest dreams is such an understatement. It is outstanding and if not already will become the must have book on the subject.

I've no connection with Graeme other than being a very satisfied customer. I just felt I had to give a shout out. Highly recommended for anyone interested in RAF Regiment or Airborne Forces.

3battalion 03-12-13 04:25 PM

Couldn't agree more.

Brilliant book.

Paul

sailorbear 03-12-13 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tynesideirish (Post 241477)
I've just been lucky enough to open a package this morning containing a massive tome called Never Not Ready The History of RAF Regiment Parachute Units 1942-2012 by Graeme Deeley. 652 packed pages.

I have only flicked through it at the moment but WOW! If only every unit had such a fantastic fully illustrated history as this. To say this book outdid even my wildest dreams is such an understatement. It is outstanding and if not already will become the must have book on the subject.

I've no connection with Graeme other than being a very satisfied customer. I just felt I had to give a shout out. Highly recommended for anyone interested in RAF Regiment or Airborne Forces.

I got this for my birthday in October, and absolutely a fantastic read, very very informative. I never knew the RAF had had so many parachute units or how embedded they are in the airborne forces, those that slate the RAF and RAF Regiment in particular really ought to read this and get an education!

fougasse1940 03-12-13 05:42 PM

Here's a link: http://www.nevernotready.co.uk/

Rgds, Thomas.

SAS1 03-12-13 06:06 PM

Thanks, looks good. Just ordered a copy...

SAS1 06-12-13 08:10 PM

I got mine today, twenty quid, plus a donation to the collection he has and postage. A stunning piece of work and I've only flicked through it!

saumua 07-12-13 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tynesideirish (Post 241477)

Any info on the Iraq RAF Levies in the book?

tynesideirish 07-12-13 04:42 PM

Yes there are 39 packed pages (whole of chapter 1.) on the Levies.

JerryBB 04-09-19 03:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tynesideirish (Post 241853)
Yes there are 39 packed pages (whole of chapter 1.) on the Levies.

Good to know, maybe one to add to my wanted list,.....one day, following my recent acquisition of two cap badges to the Levies.

Colin S 04-09-19 05:31 PM

Great book - Comprehensive and thorough coverage of all the RAF para units. I very much recommend it.

JerryBB 04-09-19 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin S (Post 487756)
Great book - Comprehensive and thorough coverage of all the RAF para units. I very much recommend it.

Thanks, on my list

Jack8 05-09-19 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBBOND (Post 487751)
Good to know, maybe one to add to my wanted list,.....one day, following my recent acquisition of two cap badges to the Levies.

Hi Jerry, is the background of the elephant patch light blue and is this also known as a Paiforce patch.

I believe I saw these in Carmarthen on Sunday.

Cheers,
Jack.

JerryBB 05-09-19 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack8 (Post 487809)
Hi Jerry, is the background of the elephant patch light blue and is this also known as a Paiforce patch.

I believe I saw these in Carmarthen on Sunday.

Cheers,
Jack.

Indeed Jack,

it can be known as Persia & Iraq Command or Persia & Iraq Force.

They did come from Carmarthen, price was very good for the silver badges, and pretty good for the patch IMO.

Jack8 05-09-19 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBBOND (Post 487810)
Indeed Jack,

it can be known as Persia & Iraq Command or Persia & Iraq Force.

They did come from Carmarthen, price was very good for the silver badges, and pretty good for the patch IMO.

Thanks Jerry, the seller is a good bloke.

JerryBB 05-09-19 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack8 (Post 487812)
Thanks Jerry, the seller is a good bloke.

I buy items from him on a regular basis, his prices are often very good and he is a friend as well.