British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Formation Signs and Patches (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Badges in Battledress (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14610)

Mike Jackson 01-02-11 05:38 PM

Badges in Battledress

1 Attachment(s)
As a variation on the very desirable nurses' capes, a BD blouse worn in India 1945 by a Nursing Sister QAIMNS
Attachment 35648

Peter Brydon 01-02-11 06:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Mike,

A further variation, an ATS service dress tunic, label appears to be WW2 dated with cloth badges sewn on the inside.

P.B.

Mike Jackson 01-02-11 08:44 PM

Badges in Battledress (and Service Dress too)

Thanks. Very interesting. It might indicate that the sign of Shoeburyness Garrison was worn in World War 2. I had always assumed it to be post-War.

ORISKANY 01-02-11 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Jackson (Post 98897)
Thanks. Very interesting. It might indicate that the sign of Shoeburyness Garrison was worn in World War 2. I had always assumed it to be post-War.

Maybe she served post war until 1949 when changed to WRAC. That could account for the Shoeburyness Garrison sign. I also believed it to be post WW2.:)

badjez 14-01-14 10:56 AM

Badges in Battledress

I know that I'm resurrecting an old thread, but I have new information which is pertinent re Shoeburyness Garrison.

11.08.45. 20/Gen/6199(AG1A): Authority for disbandment of HQ Shoeburyness Garrison, to be effective by 31.08.45.

Info from WO32/10900.

I therefore make the presumption that the FS may not have been worn for long after the HQ was disbanded, and the personnel posted.

Stephen.

Mike Jackson 14-01-14 02:46 PM

Thanks for the prompt. It caused me to have a look around and I learned that after the disbandment of HQ Shoeburyness Garrison (above) the sign was adopted by the Ministry of Supply Experimental Establishment, Shoeburyness - and presumably worn by military personnel on the staff of the Establishment.
Mike

yorkstone 14-01-14 09:40 PM

Very unusual on first image to see Japanese NCO rank badge being worn, considering the feelings of animosity towards them at the time

sincerely

Stephen

Collecting to Stone Staffordshire and surrounding Towns and Villages. In particular the whereabouts of my Great Uncles medals

14 Star Trio 1st Battalion North Staffordshire Regiment to 9605 Pte H Taylor known to be serving with A Coy 1915

also his brother location of his British War and Victory to 12125 Pte W.J Taylor serving with 5th Batt R.F. 1915. I have his 14/15 Star.

Mike Jackson 14-01-14 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yorkstone (Post 245869)
Very unusual on first image to see Japanese NCO rank badge being worn, considering the feelings of animosity towards them at the time

sincerely

Stephen

Collecting to Stone Staffordshire and surrounding Towns and Villages. In particular the whereabouts of my Great Uncles medals

14 Star Trio 1st Battalion North Staffordshire Regiment to 9605 Pte H Taylor known to be serving with A Coy 1915

also his brother location of his British War and Victory to 12125 Pte W.J Taylor serving with 5th Batt R.F. 1915. I have his 14/15 Star.

The owner worked in a Base Hospital in Eastern India in 1945. She told me there were occasional Japanese patients admitted.
Mike