British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Military Topics (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Poppy Appeal Pins (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59241)

mike_vee 13-02-22 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike_vee (Post 572035)
Same seller , exact same set of pins but this time a slightly different "story" and a starting price of £49.00 !

Worth noting : "RELISTED DUE TO NON PAYING BIDDER"

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334320534...h-amw#viTabs_0

It appears that eBay and RBL are not willing/prepared to take any action against these listings ! :mad:

Another set of fakes on eBay , I'm sure it's the same seller using an alternate identity (one that has sold fakes before) . Same "selling pattern" using photos from genuine listings to show what a great deal they are offering . The also donate 10% to charity (not RBL) to make them look trust worthy/honest but use the same red pouches that are so common with fakers.

Set includes 2007/2009/2010 pins plus 2011/2012/2013 with leaf on wrong side ....... and you can get the lot for £24.50 ! :eek:

It is pointless reporting the seller to eBay/RBL as I have done this before and no action is taken. :mad:

mike_vee 28-02-22 10:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mike_vee (Post 572423)
Found photos of two new pins that will be available soon (?) , not sure if they will only go to PAO's/Branches or if PoppyShop will have them.

Photo of the "Falklands Conflict" pin is on the Poppy Shop website but the pin itself is not (yet !) on sale , I thought it was going to be a PAO/Branch item but maybe not ? :confused:

Next , did anyone see PoppyScotland special "100" paper poppies last year ? A couple of articles from September 2021 stated they would be on sale during 2021 Poppy Appeal Week.

Anyone heard about any special commemorative items/pins for the Centenary of The Poppy Factory which opened in May 1922 ?

mike_vee 01-03-22 03:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mike_vee (Post 573937)
Photo of the "Falklands Conflict" pin is on the Poppy Shop website but the pin itself is not (yet !) on sale , I thought it was going to be a PAO/Branch item but maybe not ? :confused:

Have just ordered Falklands Conflict pin from PoppyShop (£3.99 ) , I know these will be going out to PAO's/Branches but after the supply problems last year I thought I'd snap up this one now ! ;)

mike_vee 01-03-22 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike_vee (Post 574016)
Have just ordered Falklands Conflict pin from PoppyShop (£3.99 ) , I know these will be going out to PAO's/Branches but after the supply problems last year I thought I'd snap up this one now ! ;)

Less than 1 hour after it appeared it is no longer showing on PoppyShop page ?

I wish they would get their act together , a lot of people are not RBL Branch members and the only place they can buy genuine badges/pins is from the PoppyShop site.

Charliedog012012 01-03-22 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike_vee (Post 574029)
Less than 1 hour after it appeared it is no longer showing on PoppyShop page ?

I wish they would get their act together , a lot of people are not RBL Branch members and the only place they can buy genuine badges/pins is from the PoppyShop site.

Mike,
I could not agree more. Having seen your post that your had been successful in purchasing the Falklands Pin I went immediately to the PoppyShop website. Searched the site inside out but there was a distinct lack of commemorative pins for any anniversary. I gave up looking. I wonder how many others did the same.
Cheers
James

mike_vee 02-03-22 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charliedog012012 (Post 574068)
Mike,
I could not agree more. Having seen your post that your had been successful in purchasing the Falklands Pin I went immediately to the PoppyShop website. Searched the site inside out but there was a distinct lack of commemorative pins for any anniversary. I gave up looking. I wonder how many others did the same.
Cheers
James

I know at least six people who went to the site after I had ordered mine , only to find the pin was no longer there ! :mad:

One problem is that not every PAO/Branch will order the Falklands pin or they may not get enough , that is what happened with some of last year's "specials" .

The next one I have to keep an eye out for is the "Queen's Platinum Jubilee" pin .

Mike_2817 02-03-22 10:25 AM

2 Attachment(s)
There is a different Falklands Pin for sale on Poppy Shop, and I think they listed the circular one in error.

I am watching the Poppy Appeal Order Portal on a daily basis for the Round example and the "Queen's Platinum Jubilee" pin as well as the 2020 Pin in bags of 50. I already have orders for all 3 types.

One pin I have difficulty every year is the 'London Poppy Day' pin given to collectors only on the day. If anyone has any spare I would be interested.

Mike_2817 02-03-22 10:45 AM

Quick Note - The Round example is re-listed again as of a minute ago.

mike_vee 02-03-22 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_2817 (Post 574096)
Quick Note - The Round example is re-listed again as of a minute ago.

Thanks Mike , here is the link :

https://www.poppyshop.org.uk/product...s-40-lapel-pin

mike_vee 02-03-22 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_2817 (Post 574094)
One pin I have difficulty every year is the 'London Poppy Appeal' pin given to collectors only on the day. If anyone has any spare I would be interested.

I'm the same , the LPD pins don't appear that often.

PS. Am still waiting on the other pins I have for you arriving , the sender only posts items when he has time/opportunity (once a week/fortnight).

Charliedog012012 02-03-22 12:36 PM

Thank you for the heads up that the round pin had now been listed again. I went straight to the site and purchased….first of all, payment was refused because ‘delivery to that location is not possible’ (quote)…..thousands of other parcels have managed fine…….so I started again. All went well and. Payment accepted and order confirmed ……….it will be delivered to a person called James James since they have substituted my surname with my first one…….it is an interesting idea. Whether I will get 1, 2, or 0 pins is anyone’s guess and I am picturing a poor fellow called James James scratching his head in utter bemusement. They really do need to get their act together.

3.25: someone has spotted the error and corrected it. In addition, they emailed an apology for the mix up. I offer my compliments for swift action and accept with good grace.

mike_vee 03-03-22 12:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Falklands Pin arrived but are there two versions ?

The one I have (photo 2) has more writing on the back than the one now showing on PoppyShop page (photo 3). :confused:

mike_vee 03-03-22 12:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another pin arrived today but this one brings back memories .

Three young Scottish soldiers were murdered in Belfast in 1971 , a few years later (as a young Scottish soldier) I did a tour and regularly passed the area where their bodies were found.

"We Will Remember Them "

https://www.threescottishsoldiers.org/

Bronzestar 03-03-22 07:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mike have you seen these ones ? They sell them at the National Arboretum

Bronzestar 03-03-22 07:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I also have these....a money collection box and ww1 poppy.