British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Military Topics (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Poppy Appeal Pins (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59241)

mike_vee 01-09-20 10:23 AM

Second World War Armed Forces Pin

7 Attachment(s)
Just arrived , the latest RBL 'provenance metal' commemorative pin , "Second World War Armed Forces Pin".

Nice pin and a great addition to the set. This time , unlike the D-Day one , there is no 'ambiguity' about the manufactuer.
  • Hand made in England.
  • Made by TMB Art Metal (who made the other 'provenance metal' pins).
  • Limited edition of 10,000 pins.
  • Made from original historic metals used during World War Two , a D-Day Spitfire, D-Day Royal Navy vessel and Army mess tins.
  • Each one comes with a commemorative certificate, dedicated to a brave soldier who served and sacrificed during the Second World War.
  • Presented in a keepsake box, with a certificate of authentication.

Charliedog012012 02-09-20 11:21 AM

Mike, I am really glad that you posted that. Managed to purchase one this morning. Great addition to the commemorative pins.
Cheers
James

mike_vee 08-09-20 09:59 AM

2020 Poppy Pin

Is the 2020 dated Poppy Pin available to PAO's/branches ?

One is listed on eBay for £3.99 including postage (seller from Leicester) , I'll be getting mine from PAO/Poppy seller to ensure money goes to RBL but was curious if this was genuine RBL item ?

mike_vee 08-09-20 10:24 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Just checked Poppy Shop and their eBay site , no sign of 2020 dated pin but as these are normally only for PAO's/Branches I didn't expect it to be there.

They do have these 2 new Poppy Pins available.

mike_vee 17-09-20 01:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The 2 new RBL poppy pins have arrived , they are 'slightly' larger than the normal double dated ones .

Picked up another (unofficial) 'mini' 11/11/11 poppy , photo shows it's size compared to the 2005 'stud' pin.

mike_vee 20-09-20 11:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mike_vee (Post 519198)
Just ordered this Poppy Pin , 3D printed geometric nylon poppy.

Not available from Poppy Shop but from The Royal British Legion eBay Shop.

Don't know if this is a trial/prototype item or if they plan mass production but thought it would be an interesting addition to any collection.

The 3D Nylon Poppy pin is now available directly from Poppy Shop.

Also , 2020 Welsh and ROI Poppy Pins.

Mike_2817 20-09-20 03:15 PM

I have 5000 '2020' Dated Poppy Pins on route for delivery early next week.

We are planning a limited Poppy Appeal in November with no street collections. In Harrogate Supermarkets and Petrol Stations plus newsagents will sell pins.

mike_vee 21-09-20 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_2817 (Post 523217)
I have 5000 '2020' Dated Poppy Pins on route for delivery early next week.

We are planning a limited Poppy Appeal in November with no street collections. In Harrogate Supermarkets and Petrol Stations plus newsagents will sell pins.

Remember to save me a Poppy Mike . ;)

A lot of planned events have been cancelled , the regional City Poppy Days that were scheduled to take place in Cardiff, Bristol, Leeds, Birmingham and Manchester are now off.

London Poppy Day is 'provisionally' still on (subject to restrictions) but may end up a victim of 'lockdown'.

P.S Some scum are already/still selling 2020 Poppy Pins on eBay. :mad:

Mike_2817 21-09-20 05:31 PM

I will reserve a 2020 Pin for any member who wants one @ £2 plus £1 postage & packing and will post within 20 days of receipt. - Orders via PM please.

I am recovering from COVID-19 after a short stay in hospital, and am relying on outside help to post pins at the moment.

mike_vee 22-09-20 12:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mike_vee (Post 500056)
3. We Will Remember Them 1914-1918 (I thinks this also came with white background).

Eventually managed to get hold of the white one. :)

mike_vee 01-10-20 10:55 AM

2020 Poppy Appeal

The Royal British Legion have standard paper poppies available on their eBay site for donations of £2.00 , £5.00 or £10.00 (+ £3.99 postage).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/theroyalb...p2047675.l2562

Also available from PoppyShop.

mike_vee 04-10-20 05:12 PM

RBL -ROI Poppy/Shamrock Pin

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mike_vee (Post 483307)
"RBL-ROI are delighted to introduce a new pin commemorating the 80th Anniversary of the start of WW2 and particularly acknowledging the contribution of Irish men and women in that conflict."

" Available online for suggested donation €3 each + €2 IE & NI p&p (for up to 10), €3 rest of world."

Just spotted one of these on eBay with a 'buy it now' price of £30.00 + postage ! :eek:

But that was put in the shade by this listing :

"POPPY PIN BADGE JOB LOT BUNDLE ‘SUPER SUPER RARE’ COLLECTION 2006-2019 (16 Pins)"

Starting bid £799.99 ! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Frank Kelley 14-10-20 01:57 PM

Certainly a handsome thing and ten thousand is not a great number, I hope they prove to be as successful as the Somme and other reclaimed metal pieces that have been produced in recent times.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike_vee (Post 521151)
Just arrived , the latest RBL 'provenance metal' commemorative pin , "Second World War Armed Forces Pin".

Nice pin and a great addition to the set. This time , unlike the D-Day one , there is no 'ambiguity' about the manufactuer.
  • Hand made in England.
  • Made by TMB Art Metal (who made the other 'provenance metal' pins).
  • Limited edition of 10,000 pins.
  • Made from original historic metals used during World War Two , a D-Day Spitfire, D-Day Royal Navy vessel and Army mess tins.
  • Each one comes with a commemorative certificate, dedicated to a brave soldier who served and sacrificed during the Second World War.
  • Presented in a keepsake box, with a certificate of authentication.

mike_vee 15-10-20 07:08 AM

Copper Poppy

1 Attachment(s)
A new addition to my collection , a really nice handmade copper poppy.

Although not an 'official' item (10% going to RBL) , it is unusual and will develope a nice patina in years to come. Weight: 14.5g

Neil Kelly 21-10-20 02:17 AM

RBL Poppy apeal badges

1 Attachment(s)
Hi I have a few gaps in my collection I'm looking for 2006 and 2008 pin badges can anybody advise me where I might be able to purchase them from. I have a few duplicates I'm[IMG][/IMG] willing to trade