British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forum Operation (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Editing Posts (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70538)

Drew 03-11-18 06:55 AM

Editing Posts

Hello,

Has editing of posts been stopped? I used to be able to do this, but it seems I cannot anymore. At the bottom of a thread, under 'Forum rules', it says, "You may edit your posts", but I cannot now do this. Is it just me?
(I should add that I can edit for a while, after I have posted, but that this capability disappears after a certain amount of time).

I would be grateful for any advice.

Many thanks,

Chris

leigh kitchen 03-11-18 08:51 AM

The function "disappeared" for me yesterday, no "edit" button, but now it's back and working.

Wmr-RHB 03-11-18 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leigh kitchen (Post 458742)
The function "disappeared" for me yesterday, no "edit" button, but now it's back and working.

Hm, strange. I just checked a thread where I posted on 30-10-18, 03:50 PM and there is no edit button for me on that post. :(

EDIT: there is one on this post. Let us wait for how long it sticks.

Wmr-RHB 03-11-18 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmr-RHB (Post 458745)
Hm, strange. I just checked a thread where I posted on 30-10-18, 03:50 PM and there is no edit button for me on that post. :(

EDIT: there is one on this post. Let us wait for how long it sticks.

After two hours the Edit button is still there.

I assume the functionality was lost (switched off?) and is restored. But the restore does not effect those posts where is was lost. New posts are OK then.

But that is only an assumption. Only the web master can comment I guess.

Drew 03-11-18 12:19 PM

Thank you very much for your responses. It is reassuring to know that I am not the only one.

It is strange that Leigh seems to have the function, but I do not. I definitely had it at one point. I wanted to update an image I had posted. I didn't particularly want to repeat post, as it were.

I will wait and see if I get any other responses and then perhaps message someone from Admin.

Thanks again.

Chris

Drew 03-11-18 12:21 PM

P.S. The edit button is still there in my first post after 5 hours. I think it disappears when I come back to it a day or two later.

Mike 04-11-18 01:01 PM

The edit duration window is now set to 14 days. After that please ask me to edit any of your posts that require it. Please include a link to the exact post - click on the '#X' 'hash number' of the post (top right of the post) and copy and paste the URL out of your browser into your message.

Drew 04-11-18 01:17 PM

Hello Mike,
All understood. Thanks very much for the information.
Cheers,
Chris

Rob Miller 04-01-19 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike (Post 458896)
The edit duration window is now set to 14 days. After that please ask me to edit any of your posts that require it. Please include a link to the exact post - click on the '#X' 'hash number' of the post (top right of the post) and copy and paste the URL out of your browser into your message.

Hi Mike

Is that 14 days from the original post or from the last edit?

Rob