British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   It's a Mystery -Unknown Insignia for Identification (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   MP Military Police badge for ID Please (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75284)

Destro1918 13-09-19 12:57 PM

MP Military Police badge for ID Please

1 Attachment(s)
The attached MP badge was given to me by Yorkstone (Thankyou Stephen) The maker is Drago Paris, I do not think it is French as they have the Gendarmerie, can any one give me a positive ID and is it still worn?

Many thanks
Destro

mike_vee 13-09-19 01:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Can't identify badge but the same one is for sale on a Russian site :eek: (price approx. £31.00)

France has Gendarmerie but I have also found a photo of a French badge with 'POLICE' on it. :confused:

Destro1918 13-09-19 01:25 PM

Hello

That is a nice police badge you have with a bit of age? has it had some damage to the white area?
Is this a Drago badge also?

Regards
Steve

leigh kitchen 13-09-19 01:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Could the MP badge be one to indicate that the Gendarme wearing it is operating in the military rather than the civilian police role within a multinational organisation?

A very flimsy excuse to show the Gendarmerie badge that I used to wear years ago:

Destro1918 13-09-19 01:42 PM

Hello

Hi Leigh

You make a good point, nice badge bye the way. Was it Gendarerie 'Mobile' with the Gilt finish to it?

Regards

Chacal 13-09-19 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destro1918 (Post 488270)
The attached MP badge was given to me by Yorkstone (Thankyou Stephen) The maker is Drago Paris, I do not think it is French as they have the Gendarmerie, can any one give me a positive ID and is it still worn?

Many thanks
Destro

Hi Steve

This is a Belgian MP badge usually worn hanging from a leather fob. I believe it may have been replaced by a different design in the late 1990s.

All the best

Graham

Destro1918 13-09-19 01:46 PM

badge

Hello Graham

I was expecting a reply from you, I was thinking maybe Belgian but I couldn't find any images or evidence.

Thanks

Steve

Royal 13-09-19 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leigh kitchen (Post 488276)
A very flimsy excuse to show the Gendarmerie badge that I used to wear years ago:

You were IPTF? I've got a few IPTF badges somewhere that I acquired in Bosnia somewhere...

leigh kitchen 13-09-19 07:16 PM

Yes, it was very common for personnel to wear badges of other national contingents often given to them by a friend in the contingent.
Some people were covered in colourful bling, I favoured the Gendarmes badge as it actually stated the organisation you belonged to bearing in mind the multitude of blue, green, khaki etc uniforms that were worn.