British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Colonial Police and Paramilitary Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Burma Police and P&T badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76151)

Khyber 24-11-19 05:17 PM

Burma Police and P&T badges
 
1 Attachment(s)
My Burma Police badges. Also a Burma P&T badge. Also a small Victorian Madras Police button!

Britbadge 24-11-19 11:24 PM

Very nice - What is "P&T" ??

Quicksilver 25-11-19 12:11 AM

Post & Telegraph and PTT is Post Telegraph and Telephones
Usually P&T means civilian post office but it can mean military in some cases. New Zealand had a NZP&T Corps in WW1.

High Wood 25-11-19 11:03 AM

A superb collection but I think you need to upgrade the cardboard backing or alternatively, you could sell them to me and they can be properly mounted. :)

But seriously, that must have taken some putting together, well done.

Khyber 26-11-19 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by High Wood (Post 493182)
A superb collection but I think you need to upgrade the cardboard backing or alternatively, you could sell them to me and they can be properly mounted. :)

But seriously, that must have taken some putting together, well done.

Thanks Simon: )
Yes i need to have them properly mounted. This is a temporary thing. Still short of at least couple Victorian badges Also have a belt buckle which i will post.

Khyber 26-11-19 03:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Burma police belt buckle.

High Wood 26-11-19 09:55 AM

I am always reluctant to put badges in glazed frames as you never really know when the collection is complete. You think that you have the set and then another variation turns up, you either leave it out or rearrange the frame and so on. Where does it end?

I would love to own a Burma Post and Telegraphs badge if you could find me one on your travels.

Very impressive belt buckle too.

Khyber 26-11-19 11:04 AM

[QUOTE=

I would love to own a Burma Post and Telegraphs badge if you could find me one on your travels.

.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Simon, I promise you that if I find another you will have it. I owe you one for the Sudan badge. I actually got the badge from a fellow forum member in the UK.

I'm always planning my next trip to Burma but it has not worked out yet :) While I was there many years ago I was not collecting badges, but did pick up a lot of curios and other stuff at Scotts Market. Actually, some good stuff still comes from there apparently as because of my Burma interest people have been telling me that one does come across good stuff still. A dealer/collector we know got some pretty good bits there sometime last year.
Best wishes,
Sunil

sapper533 26-11-19 02:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Fab collection, always great to see stuff from Burma, just re posting this photo incase anyone has any more ideas, or if Sunil has come across any info since I last posted this as a querie.
Cheers
Sean

Semloh Retlaw 26-11-19 04:19 PM

Indian Badges
 
1 Attachment(s)
My father collected these in the late 1940's he gave them to me around 1970, been stuck int front room with all the Canadian & Australian badges ever since. Just out of curiosity I'd like to know what they are worth today

Chacal 26-11-19 06:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Two cap badges from Burma: Reserve Bn. Burma Military Police and Burma Police.

Khyber 26-11-19 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Semloh Retlaw (Post 493281)
My father collected these in the late 1940's he gave them to me around 1970, been stuck int front room with all the Canadian & Australian badges ever since. Just out of curiosity I'd like to know what they are worth today

None really scarcey. The really good one I would say is the Port Sudan which is one of my favourites. All these turn up off and on except the Frontier Constabulary which is a litte hard to come by. I would say maybe max 500 GBP for the whole lot. Mind you for me atleast the post-47 Pakistan Police badges don't count at all.

Khyber 26-11-19 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapper533 (Post 493272)
Fab collection, always great to see stuff from Burma, just re posting this photo incase anyone has any more ideas, or if Sunil has come across any info since I last posted this as a querie.
Cheers
Sean

Hi Sean
I have seen this on an Australian militaria site earlier. No idea what it is but probably post colonial period. Some government department no doubt..C(?) Transport, Central Telegraph?? Commisriat & Transport ? Hard to say..

Semloh Retlaw 26-11-19 08:13 PM

Police Badges
 
2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Khyber (Post 493301)
None really scarcey. The really good one I would say is the Port Sudan which is one of my favourites. All these turn up off and on except the Frontier Constabulary which is a litte hard to come by. I would say maybe max 500 GBP for the whole lot. Mind you for me atleast the post-47 Pakistan Police badges don't count at all.

I have one or two more which father had, Just done a search on this bx of scrap laughingly called a computer foid another board of badges.

manchesters 26-11-19 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Semloh Retlaw (Post 493309)
I have one or two more which father had

Last one is the West Indies Regiment.

regards


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:12 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.