British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Schools, OTC and Cadets (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Langley School , Norfolk Regt. (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51438)

norfolk regt man 11-02-16 03:44 PM

Langley School , Norfolk Regt.

4 Attachment(s)
Heres a few photos of badges being worn by cadets by Langley school C.C.F.

Nozzer 11-02-16 05:01 PM

Great pictures Andrew, thanks for posting :)

Can you get a close up of the Norfolk Regiment badge they are wearing? Is it the dreaded "Mr Punch" fake?

Andy

Sonofacqms 11-02-16 06:29 PM

Norfolk Regt

I did not realise that they still wear the pre-1937 badge.

Rob

norfolk regt man 11-02-16 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nozzer (Post 344695)
Great pictures Andrew, thanks for posting :)

Can you get a close up of the Norfolk Regiment badge they are wearing? Is it the dreaded "Mr Punch" fake?

Andy

Hi Andy, I am sure that it is, as they are so cheap and easy to buy. In a strange way.................its no longer a fake..........right:rolleyes:

norfolk regt man 11-02-16 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonofacqms (Post 344710)
I did not realise that they still wear the pre-1937 badge.

Rob

Hi Rob,those two photos where taken in 1991 and 93 .

Nozzer 11-02-16 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norfolk regt man (Post 344741)
Hi Andy, I am sure that it is, as they are so cheap and easy to buy. In a strange way.................its no longer a fake..........right:rolleyes:

I think you mentioned before that they buy the cheapest they can?

You do raise an interesting point though. The badge in question is a fake, but as it is (was?) worn by Langley, does it have a place in Norfolk, cadet and CCF collections? Time to rescue one from the tin of shame :rolleyes:

oc14 11-02-16 08:52 PM

Same could be argued for the fake Huntingdonshire Cyclist Battalion badges worn by Kimbolton School CCF and the fake Essex Regiment cap badges worn by the band of King Edward VI Grammar School (Chelmsford) CCF

PL

badjez 12-02-16 07:09 AM

Langley

Paul,

The metal badge worn by Kimbolton School CCF wasn't a fake: they owned the original Hunt's Cyclist die I'm told.

Stephen.

oc14 12-02-16 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badjez (Post 344800)
Paul,

The metal badge worn by Kimbolton School CCF wasn't a fake: they owned the original Hunt's Cyclist die I'm told.

Stephen.

They do indeed own one of the dies ( numbered 4 if memory serves me correctly) it is currently being used as a doorstop in the CCF stores and hasn't been used to produce badges for many many years. Those currently waken are without doubt modern copies
PL

Nozzer 12-02-16 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oc14 (Post 344756)
Same could be argued for the fake Huntingdonshire Cyclist Battalion badges worn by Kimbolton School CCF and the fake Essex Regiment cap badges worn by the band of King Edward VI Grammar School (Chelmsford) CCF

PL

Exactly!

Quote:

Originally Posted by badjez (Post 344800)
Paul,

Stephen.

That would be a "restrike" then?

norfolk regt man 14-02-16 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nozzer (Post 344751)
I think you mentioned before that they buy the cheapest they can?

You do raise an interesting point though. The badge in question is a fake, but as it is (was?) worn by Langley, does it have a place in Norfolk, cadet and CCF collections? Time to rescue one from the tin of shame :rolleyes:

Yes it does, as a copy/fake badge of the pre 1935 badge, currently worn by the c.c.f. A bit like some of those nasty cast lead and gilt school badges worn in the 1970,

waffen44 20-02-16 10:40 PM

Classic Moment. I was in the CCF at Langley ! I can still remember Gad Frost teaching us to fire the 303 and Bren Gun in the shooting range beside the CCF hut ! We wore a material woven Britannia . Wish I had one now !

Nozzer 21-02-16 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waffen44 (Post 346436)
We wore a material woven Britannia . Wish I had one now !

They turn up on the net fairly frequently for a couple of pounds. I think they are actually something to do with girl guides.

Also shown the dreaded "Mr Punch" fake, which has now been given some credibility as it is shown being worn by the CCF :rolleyes:

norfolk regt man 21-02-16 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waffen44 (Post 346436)
Classic Moment. I was in the CCF at Langley ! I can still remember Gad Frost teaching us to fire the 303 and Bren Gun in the shooting range beside the CCF hut ! We wore a material woven Britannia . Wish I had one now !

one here for you.

norfolk regt man 21-02-16 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norfolk regt man (Post 346469)
one here for you.

, but it looks like you out bid me on the 4 vb:rolleyes: