British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Infantry (& Guards) Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Kings for the many Lancs collectors out there. (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195)

tynesideirish 27-12-07 08:38 PM

Kings for the many Lancs collectors out there.

2 Attachment(s)
The Kings.

KLR 27-12-07 11:56 PM

Regretably Tyneside, I don't think this badge is right. I assume it is meant to be a blackened 5th Bn badge. Firstly, it appears to be an officer's cap but the badge is (meant to be) an OR's. It is a type of badge that has appeared as bimetal, all WM and in blackened GM - even in reversed metals. There are some give away pointers to it's not being right - but the clincher is that every one of this type I've seen has a fairly crude cast appeareance on the body of the horse.
Nice hat but sorry, Julian

Peter Brydon 28-12-07 08:37 AM

5th Kings

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry Tyneside,but I have to agree with Julian,but could you please tell me the type of fitting on the rear of this badge.
No13 on the attached is a 5th Kings blackened cap badge on blades
Peter

KLR 28-12-07 12:19 PM

Yes, Peter has highlighted the officer's service dress badge - OSD (which is what should be on this hat); a cast bronze badge like the regular OSD but blackened. The ORs badge would be Peters no 14. I suspect yours has a slider, most of these copies do.

Peter Brydon 28-12-07 12:43 PM

6th Kings Officers Service dress cap

1 Attachment(s)
Attached is an officers service dress cap of the 6th Kings ( Liverpool Rifles ) the makers name inside is Kempster and Ramsey 18 Richmond Street Liverpool.

Peter

tynesideirish 28-12-07 04:24 PM

No sweat lads, I know nothing about this Regiment and don't own a badge to it. It's thankfully (regards your comments) not mine! Came across it and Just thought I'd post it as there's lots of KLR fans on here.

Will try harder!

KLR 28-12-07 06:08 PM

that's fine, keep 'em coming !

Peter Brydon 28-12-07 07:36 PM

5th Kings battledress 1950/60s

1 Attachment(s)
Hope the attached might be of interest, an officers battledress blouse of the 5th Kings from the 1950/60s with black buttons,black badges of rank, chromed liver bird arm badges and twisted black,green and silver lanyard the old rifles/volunteer colours.Also anodised collars
P.B.

KLR 28-12-07 07:54 PM

Oh dear, there was something about (post war) lanyards in one of the Kew documents I went through a while ago. I didn't have much interest in them so didn't note anything. To keep the KLR fanatics (of which Peter and I are fully paid up members) happy, I'll try to remember where when I'm next there !!!!

tynesideirish 28-12-07 10:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's one thats real. I don't own this one either!

Peter Brydon 29-12-07 08:09 AM

Kings officer

Nice picture ( currently for sale on E bay I think ?) The "T"s below the collar badges tie in nicely with another thread on this forum.

P.B.

Malcolm Davey 08-01-08 03:05 PM

Some of my King's badges.

Cheers
Malc

jeanpit-frenchy 08-01-08 05:16 PM

3 Attachment(s)
here are some of my king's badges

KLR 08-01-08 09:54 PM

Nice badges. Malc your first is close to the 1896 sealed pattern so probably not much later though slider has to date from 1906 plus. Your second (with charcteristic fused hind legs) is at least 1908. The third is one of three 1926 types, stylistically Firmins.
Jeanpit your cap badge is an early type - but with 1906 slider. I haven't got that far with collars yet - I rather think they are going to be a nightmare.

John Mulcahy 09-01-08 12:48 AM

Julian

Would you please elaborate on your comment about one of the badges being "stylistically Firmins"?

You have aroused my curiosity are you talking specifically about this pattern of Kings badge or have you uncovered some more general aspects of badge production that may be attributable to Firmin?

thanks

John