British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Airborne, Elite and Special Forces Insignia (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   SAS Items (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73627)

William 08-05-19 07:10 AM

SAS Items

2 Attachment(s)
A friend has some SAS badges and ephemera from a family member who served operationally in Malaysia, Suez, Cyprus and Oman. The stuff has impeccable provenance and I have been asked to investigate possibilities for sale of a few items.

Any comments about the attached pictures wd be gratefully received. Apologies for poor images; I hope to have better images soon.

PMs are welcome. BTW, if the items are sold, I will not make anything from the sale (s).

Awra best

William

Ex Supt Clk RAOC 08-05-19 07:53 AM

SAS

Quote:

Originally Posted by William (Post 477825)
A friend has some SAS badges and ephemera from a family member who served operationally in Malaysia, Borneo and Oman. The stuff has impeccable provenance and I have been asked to investigate possibilities for sale of a few items.

Any comments about the attached pictures wd be gratefully received. Apologies for poor images; I hope to have better images soon.

PMs are welcome. BTW, if the items are sold, I will not make anything from the sale (s).

Awra best

William

There appears to be a 3rd set of wings, upside down, I would also be interested in those as well if you can let me have a price.

I would be interested in the cap badges, can you pm me a price please.

arrestingu 08-05-19 07:57 AM

Message sent, ref 2x cloth wings and cloth beret badge.
Thanks steve

Paul Spellman 08-05-19 08:15 AM

The beret badge appears to be an officers bullion type also the wing at the bottom is bullion, wing at the top is 23 SAS.
Paul
It looks like you may have an escape map too.
It’s obvious you have a name so hopefully it would all stay together

JON188 08-05-19 10:54 AM

Pm sent the lot
Regards
Jon

Ian Adams 08-05-19 11:43 AM

Certainly interested in one or a pair of the slip-on shoulder rank slides. Cheers

Mike B 08-05-19 03:39 PM

Some lovely items there - if sold through an auction house they would almost certainly be split into mixed lots rather than staying together. Splitting would be a shame in my opinion at least, for what it is worth. Nice Officer bullion badge and officer rank tabs. It is Great that you have provenance. A grouping of badges tells a story, attribution can make research of that story possible, the story is lost when broken up. I appreciate some collectors do not worry about the story, and it is a matter of personal preference.
No offence intended to anyone.
Mike

JON188 08-05-19 03:59 PM

Mike,
I agree 100% mate, but guess you knew that my friend!
All the best
Jon

JerryBB 08-05-19 04:53 PM

Some great items, bet your pm box has gone through the roof.

MarkGD 08-05-19 05:46 PM

Lovely set of items William, would be a shame to see those split up - Regards Mark

Belly 08-05-19 06:20 PM

Can't believe collectors on here would want to split the group up?! :confused:

Mike B 08-05-19 06:53 PM

Looks like I'm in good company regarding hoping it all stays together - of course it is the sellers prerogative, but good to see collectors/researchers I respect sharing the same view.
Mike

akiko 09-05-19 10:16 AM

It's the prerogative of the seller who he wants to sell to and he may want to take the highest offer.

William 09-05-19 07:52 PM

Gentlemen,

Thank you very much for all comments and PMs received so far. Apologies to those I have not replied to personally.

Because the family involved are presently discussing exactly what they are prepared to sell and what additional items they are ready to release to prove the provenance of this hoard of accumulated badges and ephemera, things have slowed somewhat.

I am assured that next week the situation will be entirely clear and at that time I will post an update regarding definite sales.

In the meantime, thank you for your patience and I very much hope we will soon be able to arrange some agreeable transactions.

Awra best to all

William

JON188 09-05-19 08:53 PM

Thank you Sir!

Thanks for the update William.
Regards
Jon