British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Airborne, Elite and Special Forces Insignia (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   SAS Beige beret (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72600)

arnhem2280 07-03-19 04:34 PM

SAS Beige beret

Just noticed that one of the two beige coloured berets that appeared on ebay last year has turned up on a dealers site recently.
I can't find the original thread that was on the forum about the two berets at the time that they were for sale but it looks like one of them has just been sold on.

Cheers

Arnhem

JerryBB 07-03-19 04:44 PM

https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...light=bleached

I notice it is already reserved.

I notice the seller commented in post 48 that they were fakes......funny that.

Belly 07-03-19 06:53 PM

I'm not taking any sides but if the one just sold is one of the pair that was previously on ebay, then the cap badge has been changed

tcrown 07-03-19 06:58 PM

It looks like Jack (jdr) referred to his own berets for stating in post 48 that the berets on EBay were fake. The one he just sold was apparently from his own collection.

manchesters 07-03-19 06:59 PM

isnt the seller recently banned off here for selling fakes?

arnhem2280 07-03-19 08:46 PM

SAS beige beret

If it isn't one of the ones that were sold on ebay I'll be amazed. I did save all the photos of both berets on my computer and they were on the same glass heads if I remember rightly. I'll check later in case I'm doing him wrong.

Arnhem

Belly 07-03-19 09:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
They look very different to me, right or wrong!

pommiegit 08-03-19 12:43 AM

Beret in question was recently sold at Auction by C&T - hammer price of GBP1350.00

However - I believe the original seller was the same seller as the two berets that were sold on Ebay...

JerryBB 08-03-19 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pommiegit (Post 471336)
Beret in question was recently sold at Auction by C&T - hammer price of GBP1350.00

However - I believe the original seller was the same seller as the two berets that were sold on Ebay...

A private seller or a dealer?

Luke H 08-03-19 11:51 AM

Is this the same beret as the eBay one? Bit confused and unsure as to what the ‘beret in question’ is here?

HamandJam 08-03-19 12:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Correct the beret subject to this thread beret hammered 1300 at C&T. It has a different badge as the one on Ebay but construction and features of the beret are very similar. Now it could be the seller on Ebay had a 3rd one or the badge was changed.

I saw the beret on C&T and for making a considerable investment it did not tick my boxes and also had feeling it could be same source as Ebay.

Cheers

JB

Quote:

Originally Posted by pommiegit (Post 471336)

JerryBB 08-03-19 12:47 PM

From the original thread.

Banned

Further to my above post I don’t even think these are SAS berets.
The brown leather sweatband gives this away. It should always be black leather.

I thought the one just sold has a brown sweatband.....

tormar9496 08-03-19 12:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So, I am definitely confused as well on the tan SAS beret subject matter. Are the leather headbands supposed to be tan or black??
The one that is reserved on a website appears to be tan at first glance, however closer observations it appears to be black leather underneath and tan leather dye applied over top. Also, a wartime studio portrait of a SAS trooper. Would you say this is a black headband?

grenadierguardsman 08-03-19 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HamandJam (Post 471362)
Correct the beret subject to this thread beret hammered 1300 at C&T. It has a different badge as the one on Ebay but construction and features of the beret are very similar. Now it could be the seller on Ebay had a 3rd one or the badge was changed.

I saw the beret on C&T and for making a considerable investment it did not tick my boxes and also had feeling it could be same source as Ebay.

Cheers

JB

Correct me if im wrong, but this beret is on Chairborne Militaria ?
Andy

JerryBB 08-03-19 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grenadierguardsman (Post 471387)
Correct me if im wrong, but this beret is on Chairborne Militaria ?
Andy

Andy, this is the one marked as reserved on Chairborne.