British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Foreign Badges and Insignia (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Badge from Luxembourg (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13034)

Brigade Piron 22-10-10 03:19 PM

Badge from Luxembourg

Hello,

I am looking for a real or even a restrike luxemborgoise cap badge of the type that was used in Korea and WW2 - with 2 crossed C as in my avatar.

Does anyone know where I could find this?

Many thanks

BP

Brigade Piron 28-10-10 11:09 AM

Anyone know?

wright241 29-10-10 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brigade Prion (Post 87585)
Anyone know?

Yes, I know the badge, but I have only ever seen ONE since I have been living here for the last 13 years and that was a) 10 years ago, b) belonged to a local resident, and c) I have never seen another one - even a copy/restrike etc. Luxembourg isn't exactly full of 'collector types' - apart from hamandjam and myself. Quite a few stamp collectors/stamp shops etc, but not much in the way of 'bric brac' shops. Don't hold your breath.

Brigade Piron 30-10-10 09:04 AM

The worst part is that it seems to have been a sort of 'general service' badge into the 60s + 70s and therefore fairly common.

I was in Luxembourg last week in and went to an army surplus, I asked the woman behind the counter if she had any and she said that it was 'forbidden' to sell metal cap badges - is this true.

The worst part is that the museum in Diekirch has 20+ of that type on display. :mad:

Ho hum....

wright241 30-10-10 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brigade Prion (Post 87792)
The worst part is that it seems to have been a sort of 'general service' badge into the 60s + 70s and therefore fairly common.

I was in Luxembourg last week in and went to an army surplus, I asked the woman behind the counter if she had any and she said that it was 'forbidden' to sell metal cap badges - is this true.

The worst part is that the museum in Diekirch has 20+ of that type on display. :mad:

Ho hum....

She is correct. I reckon they are paranoid about people dressing up and pretending to be someone they arn't. You would have to know someone in the army/police and convince them that you are a collector - I am working on it from that angle so be patient and I will see if I can get 2.

Brigade Piron 30-10-10 07:55 PM

I would be very grateful.

saumua 03-11-10 08:22 AM

Id be interested too - I have a great interest in Korea War items - maybe I should start a folder....

Quote:

Originally Posted by wright241 (Post 87794)
She is correct. I reckon they are paranoid about people dressing up and pretending to be someone they arn't. You would have to know someone in the army/police and convince them that you are a collector - I am working on it from that angle so be patient and I will see if I can get 2.

wright241 04-11-10 11:35 AM

Can't promise anything at the moment but I am going to see someone today about what can-be/can't-be obtained.
I have checked this morning with the Luxembourg Ville police and some army guys up at the 'The Dukes Luxembourg Palace' and they have confirmed that none of this stuff is for sale, as its illegal.
However, I am taking some of my stuff along to an ex-army guy today, so will see how we get on. Do NOT hold your breath. But at least its progress.

Brigade Piron 07-11-10 05:21 PM

Did you have any success with him?

marcellus 28-04-20 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brigade Piron (Post 88734)
Did you have any success with him?

And did you find the badge after 10 years

manchesters 28-04-20 05:35 PM

He has not posted on here for the last 7 years so might not get your message

regards

marcellus 28-04-20 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manchesters (Post 508121)
He has not posted on here for the last 7 years so might not get your message

regards

ok thanks

Anjoucollector 29-04-20 10:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello,

I found some months ago on ebay this frame with badges from Luxembourg. First time I saw so many badges from this small army.

Laurent

NorBn 06-05-20 03:49 PM

7 Attachment(s)
I have some patches and ranks, but still miss a few. All items from Luxembourg are very hard to find

GTB 09-05-20 11:13 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I would have thought that a Luxembourg Senior Customs Officer cap badge would be definitely a no=go item but Providence supplied the complete thing!

GTB

OOPS. Orientation haywire