British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Foreign Badges and Insignia (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Another German item (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2761)

Peter Brydon 30-07-08 08:46 PM

Another German item

2 Attachment(s)
I acquired this single German badge with a lot of stuff belonging to a man in the Northhamptonshire Yeo.
No idea what it is . I put it on E bay with swastica covered but they still pulled.

Anyone interested in it please make me a reasonable offer.

P.B.

Just realised you could see the swastica through the back picture of the item.

Michael Reintjes 31-07-08 12:06 AM

Looks to be an early war navy coastal arty troops breast eagle...and a real one as well....are swastikas not allowed on this site as well?

guest_000 31-07-08 12:59 AM

Yes coastal arty breast alder

Paul

David Douglas 31-07-08 08:54 AM

Another German item

Excuse me for asking but .... why are we posting Nazi regalia on a Forum dedicated to British and Commonwealth items ? Just curious ! David

Jibba Jabba 31-07-08 09:42 AM

Its the foreign insignia section. Also many people when purchasing WW2 British and Commonwealth badge lots often encounter 'brings backs' that are of the axis persuasion. I do believe its useful for members to make posts such as this. Also this section of the forum has even helped British regimental museums ID WW2 German items.

I really respect Mike's attitude towards this because there are far too many forums that have a strict no this, no that attitude. As long as the conversation is sensible and valid points are being made I dont see an issue.

If its something you feel very strongly about then Mike is the man to talk to, above is my humble opinion and has no influence on forum policy.

Michael Reintjes 31-07-08 04:16 PM

"I really respect Mike's attitude towards this because there are far too many forums that have a strict no this, no that attitude. As long as the conversation is sensible and valid points are being made I dont see an issue"

HERE,HERE, excellent point.....too many other forums have ridiculous and pointless rules that discourage the sharing of valuable information....just my 2 cents...M.

guest_000 31-07-08 04:25 PM

Yes I would hope there is no problem with discussion and some trade of TR items as this is my secondary passion after the CEF . The regalia of the axis is an integral part of the history and while certainly a side bar should have its place in this section only IMO

Paul

Peter Brydon 31-07-08 06:13 PM

Obviously I agree with the general sentiment expressed in the last few posts.There is a tremendous amount of knowledge available to the members here so( unless there are good reasons why it should not be the case) why not let members take advantage of it.

Didnt someone recently ask for information on a badge excavated in Greece- surely it is an acknowledgment of the expertise available here that there should be such queries that do not strictly fall strictly within the title of the Forum.

P.B.