British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introduction Zone (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Happy New Year (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71413)

Barneynotts 01-01-19 12:01 PM

Happy New Year

Hello fellow enthusiasts and a very happy new year to you all. My New Years resolution is to put some organisation into my cap badge collection. Any ideas from you veteran collectors on the best ways to present your collection instead of just putting them in a box. I’m a bit short of available wall space to so I’m limited to what the missus will allow. Look forward to hearing from you. Alan

Bill A 01-01-19 12:45 PM

Hello Alan, welcome to the Forum. Your account is active and open for posts. Lots to learn and see.

MarkGD 01-01-19 04:38 PM

Alan, HNY & Welcome, you will find a lot of info if you look through some of the old threads, that being said, mine are still on cardboard after 10 years! Best Regards - Mark

Barneynotts 03-01-19 05:56 PM

Cheers

Hi Guys and thanks for the welcome.
I am new to collecting army cap collar and shoulder badges. I am ex Sherwood Rangers TA from the late 70’s but my interest in badges started with Sherwood Foresters as my Dad did his national Service with them and I have 2 great uncles who were killed whilst serving with them.
I started off filing them in A4 plastic pocket sheets in lever arch files but they keep falling out. I’ve just bought some plain white A4 corrugated cardboard sheets and I’m going to remount on these.
I’ll post some photos soon

Regards

Barneynotts

apolkey 07-01-19 06:28 PM

Storage

Hi,

For storing and displaying I use plastic "Tuff" boxes from Ryman's stationers and mount the badges on thin foam padding. Have used this system for 6 years and it works. Items can be added or removed and they are easy to transport and keep dust free!

AP

grey_green_acorn 07-01-19 09:44 PM

Alan,

Welcome to the Forum.

Tim

Barneynotts 13-01-19 05:05 PM

Cheers Tim

Well the collection is starting to take shape. I’ve put a couple of photos on to show you. The Grey Green Acorn has supplied a few bits.

Barneynotts 13-01-19 05:15 PM

Starting block

2 Attachment(s)
First batch

boolek 23-01-19 03:44 AM

Newbie from Australia

Hello everyone. My name is Kevin from New South Wales, Australia. My interests were on family history and trying to put medals to the correct family member.
For many years i have tried to locate my grandfathers involvement in the Boer War. I have a photograph of him in dress uniform when he married which i am told was a Boer War style. Only recently i discovered a badge which is possibly his Boer War hat badge in my other grandfathers Gallipoli medals. Possibly he enlisted in his birth country England and not Australia.Too add to confusion i have my fathers WW1 badges and medals, All passed down over time