British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Airborne, Elite and Special Forces Insignia (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   That escalated quickly (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88293)

Luc 01-02-22 10:17 PM

That escalated quickly
 
4 Attachment(s)
From £0.25 to £7,599.00 within two days, where will it end?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/403441872830?

CAM 01-02-22 10:22 PM

7 days to go!

Luke H 01-02-22 10:22 PM

Mind blown ?. Wow.

Never mind a bottle the seller (mary-tin-collector) owes a weekend away to whoever that curtain was bought from.

Not been closely keeping track but I believe quite a few of the patches therein have already sold for hundreds and one a couple thousand of pounds.

slick_mick 01-02-22 10:42 PM

WOW! £7,599.00 for a 3 Commando 2 Troop cloth title. Is it really worth that much?

Mick

cbuehler 02-02-22 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slick_mick (Post 571407)
WOW! £7,599.00 for a 3 Commando 2 Troop cloth title. Is it really worth that much?

Mick

Yes, if one finds absurd exorbitance over a bit of cloth reasonable.

CB

3dg 02-02-22 07:55 AM

I think we've all paid a little over the odds for a badge we really want, but this is crazy! Nice little retirement package for the seller though!
Chris

3dg 02-02-22 08:49 AM

£7863 now!!!:eek:

altcar73 02-02-22 09:44 AM

Be interesting to see if the winning bidder actually pays or whether he will get cold feet. I don't suppose we'll get to know unless the item is re-listed.

Dave.

gb64 02-02-22 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3dg (Post 571427)
£7863 now!!!:eek:

Now I wouldn’t want to try to explain that one to the wife :eek::eek::eek:

Gerard

Luke H 02-02-22 09:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Seems to be a battle royale between two bidders which has taken it from £185 to where it is now. Strange bidding tactics with over a week to go.

3dg 02-02-22 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gb64 (Post 571435)
Now I wouldn’t want to try to explain that one to the wife :eek::eek::eek:

Gerard

He can't be married, unless he's got quite the substantial secret badge fund!

mike_vee 02-02-22 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke H (Post 571436)
Seems to be a battle royale between two bidders which has taken it from £185 to where it is now. Strange bidding tactics with over a week to go.

I would guess that one bidder (who is winning) initially put a very high maximum bid and the other one keeps 'testing' how high it is , thus bumping the price up very quickly. A lot of the bids are "automatic" , so each time the second bidder tries they get the "you have been outbid" message and try a slightly higher bid.

What happens if final winning bidder backs out / refuses to pay , does the second place bidder pay the last amount they bid or are all the 'winners' bids removed ? :confused:

.

ajc347 02-02-22 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike_vee (Post 571440)
I would guess that one bidder (who is winning) initially put a very high maximum bid and the other one keeps 'testing' how high it is , thus bumping the price up very quickly. A lot of the bids are "automatic" , so each time the second bidder tries they get the "you have been outbid" message and try a slightly higher bid.

What happens if final winning bidder backs out / refuses to pay , does the second place bidder pay the last amount they bid or are all the 'winners' bids removed ? :confused:

.

If the winning bidder retracts their last bid citing an error in the amount, the auction would then show the next highest bidder as being the person winning the auction.

The person who withdraws the bid is supposed to then enter another amount but, quite often, people fail to do so.

I’m pretty sure that the seller could then raise an objection with eBay, however I’m not sure what action they would then take, if any, in terms of legal enforcement of what is supposed to be a binding contract.

Luke H 02-02-22 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike_vee (Post 571440)
I would guess that one bidder (who is winning) initially put a very high maximum bid and the other one keeps 'testing' how high it is , thus bumping the price up very quickly. A lot of the bids are "automatic" , so each time the second bidder tries they get the "you have been outbid" message and try a slightly higher bid.

That tactic doesn’t make much sense with a week to go and obvious serious competition emerging.

I always say on eBay he who bids last, bids best.

Early bird bids only ever give rival bidders the time and chance to reflect then increase their bid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike_vee (Post 571440)

What happens if final winning bidder backs out / refuses to pay , does the second place bidder pay the last amount they bid or are all the 'winners' bids removed ? :confused:

.

I believe the seller can go to the next highest bidder. I’m unsure if this method removes all their bids however or just takes it to the underbidders highest bid.

So at present that may mean it falling back to £7,763 or £227! Quite a difference.

mike_vee 02-02-22 12:26 PM

Thanks guys , I wasn't sure about the rules and wondered if someone could bump up the price and then withdraw their bid.

.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:33 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.