British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Topics. (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   To Forum Members (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77072)

ARTY 30-01-20 07:59 PM

To Forum Members

I would like to thank all Forum members particularly all members who have bought my items for sale.If I might take a little of your time to explain I have collected from being a boy am now 72 my youngest daughter who is 46 was born blind in one eye she has now developed Vitreomacular traction in her good eye which will leave her blind ,there is no operation as of yet but the sale of my collection will go towards helping if and when an operation is available, various members asked me why I was selling and I told you a little white lie. Please don't send me anything as there is no cure and I would like you to all know that you have done more than enough with your advice to me and by buying my collection.I thank you all from the bottom of my heart from me Nicola my daughter and my family I will stay in touch on the forum as I find it fascinating
god bless you all and thanks again.
Arty and my family

grenadierguardsman 30-01-20 08:28 PM

I'm sorry to hear this, i do hope your Daughter is coping as best as possible. My Father in law went blind after messing about with a friend, and an air rifle. He is an amazing bloke, when i first met him he was cutting the hedge with an electric hedge cutter :eek:. He is still best of mates with the chap that shot him too.....I do hope the best for her future, you too.
Andy

Roy 30-01-20 08:28 PM

Hello Arty,

Thank you for sharing this. I would like to with you, your family and especially your daughter all my heartfelt best wishes and prayers for the future.

Warmly,

Roy

ARTY 30-01-20 08:41 PM

Thank you for those kind thoughts but our Nicola is a really positive person and still loves life, her family and her job which is a nurse.
Thank you once again
Arty

btns 30-01-20 08:52 PM

Wishing you and your daughter all the best.

grenadierguardsman 30-01-20 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARTY (Post 498896)
Thank you for those kind thoughts but our Nicola is a really positive person and still loves life, her family and her job which is a nurse.
Thank you once again
Arty

Thank her for being a Nurse, my life was saved by Nurses. I had stage 4 Cancer.
Andy

Charliedog012012 30-01-20 10:01 PM

Arty,
Allow me to echo the comments of both Roy and Andy. My thoughts and prayers will be with you for the future. I can honestly say that when my wife was suffering a sustained life threatening condition I was so grateful to the nurses who gave us the strength and courage to keep fighting. I will always be thankful to them. Hang in there.
James

mooke07 31-01-20 04:43 AM

I am very sorry to hear this Arty and thanks for having the courage to share this.

I have colleagues here in Australia doing clinical trials on new treatments for wet and dry macular degeneration which are showing great promise. There are also considerable advances being made in stem cell and gene therapy to treat some additional macular disorders with one of the leading institutions being University College London working with Moorfields Eye Hospital. Whilst not being able to help your daughter in the short term with this research I hope it provides some support to you that advances are being made that will help others with these conditions.

Best regards Dean

Alex Rice 31-01-20 08:59 AM

Best of luck to you and your family.

ARTY 31-01-20 11:05 AM

Once again everyone thank you from all of us here yes Dean we live in hope that something will come up at the moment Nicola is still able to perform her job as an occupational therapist albeit with a special computer but is unable to now drive, I have to say I would be proud to have her along side of me in a tight situation she is so brave.
although my collection has now gone I would like to remain on the forum as I find it very comforting among good people And I have to say I find the various discussions very amusing and educational very pleased to be a member of you all. From my whole family a heart felt thankyou now chaps forget about me get on with your collecting.
Arty

cbuehler 01-02-20 01:23 AM

Howay man marra, May God bless your daughter. Life throws us tough punches all too much.

CB

ARTY 02-02-20 06:54 PM

wey aye ya champion cb thanks

dumdum 03-02-20 02:33 AM

Hi Arty

My Mum and Dad read (for free) for the "talking books" for years. I would like to support your cause so if you have any "on war service" badges (even the common ones), I will buy them from you. And I'm even prepared to take the common ones that I've already got!
PM me if you want to.

Home Guard 23-02-20 10:54 PM

I am sorry to read this. As one who has suffered with glaucoma for nearly 40 years now, and 6 surgeries later I can empathize with her. Fortunately, I still have most of my sight, but do lots to try and keep it. Praying she will adjust as well as possible. Sincerely,

Terry

ARTY 24-02-20 09:09 AM

Many thanks Terry.
Arty