British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Formation Signs and Patches (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Calico Printers Cloth Badge Collections - 2 (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76355)

Postwarden 11-12-19 05:26 PM

Calico Printers Cloth Badge Collections - 2

The special edition of The Formation Sign which illustrates the three collections of Calico Printers signs that have recently emerged has now gone to press.

Its 48 pages illustrate some 700 of the badges - formation signs, arm titles, trade badges of both the armed services and Civil Defence - produced by the Association, both wartime and postwar examples.

Only 30 copies are being made available to non-members of the Society - 10 are already reserved - so if you would like a copy please PM me.

The price is £10 including 1st Class Inland Post. Because of the current pressure on the Post Office the copies will not now be posted until after Christmas.

For overseas postage rates and any other questions please ask.

Jon

NEMO 12-12-19 12:11 PM

YES PLEASAE

Paddy 12-12-19 05:59 PM

Yes Please as well (PM sent)

Paddy

REME 245 12-12-19 07:05 PM

I sent you a message I assume you received.

Postwarden 12-12-19 07:17 PM

PM sent

Jon

Fatboy Ken 14-12-19 08:18 PM

Yes please Jon,
I shall send you a pm.

FBK

Artynut 15-12-19 04:32 PM

Yes Please Jon. PM sent. D.J.

Postwarden 15-12-19 04:36 PM

All requests for the FS Special - now at the printers - noted and total 23.

The extra print run is only 30 so reserve one now before it's too late.

Happy to post overseas but need a copy in my hand before I can quote prices.

Payment by Paypal is available.

Thanks to all who have enquired.

Jon

Mike B 16-12-19 04:52 PM

Hi Jon - looking forward to my copy as a keen member of the Military Heraldry Society, and encouraging those who are not members to join - recalling our access to: Waring Pamphlets, and the Specials you have produced for the Society re 100th Anniversary of RAF, the Tanks insignia special etc - and of course the fact that updates to your 'Badges on Battledress' are recorded in our journal 'The Formation Sign'.
Membership is a bit of a 'no brainer' if you think about it.
Regards
Mike
http://militaryheraldrysociety.com/join.html

Postwarden 17-12-19 09:56 AM

Mike,

Thanks for your support for the Society. I agree that membership is a no brainer for cloth badge collectors - but then I'm biased!

Nearly all the Calico Special copies are now reserved so get your name on the list asap if you would like a copy,

Jon

leigh kitchen 19-12-19 01:37 PM

Just arrived - looks great, time to start wading through.....

Postwarden 19-12-19 03:56 PM

As Leigh has pointed out copies have just started arriving in members' letterboxes.

I won't get the extra copies reserved for non-members until after Christmas but will be in touch then with those who have asked for a copy on this Forum.

Jon

grey_green_acorn 23-12-19 01:00 PM

My eagerly awaited copy arrived this morning. Absolutely excellent and many thanks to the owners of the albums for making them available to the Military Heraldry Society for publication. Also to Jon and Lyn for putting it all together. Who would have thought that examples of printed badges would appear, including still unexplained rarities and mysteries, some eighty years after they were produced!

Tim

Peter Brydon 23-12-19 03:08 PM

My copy also in today’s post. A great edition. If you have any interest in military history, you are missing out if you are not a member of the M H S ( Heraldry ).

P.B.

manchesters 24-12-19 12:30 PM

I got my copy today and it really was worth the wait. An outstanding publication and a treasure trove of information.

My I extend a huge thank you to Jon and his family for taking the time and expense to get this to fruition and a big thanks to the three owners of the various albums without whose cooperation none of this would be possible.

Well done.

regards