British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Airborne, Elite and Special Forces Insignia (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Airborne Shoulder Title (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59445)

JerryBB 21-01-17 01:38 PM

Airborne Shoulder Title

1 Attachment(s)
A fine original IMO.

appie_b 21-01-17 01:40 PM

Jerry

I agree, nice original airborne title

Regards

Albert

JerryBB 21-01-17 01:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by appie_b (Post 390946)
Jerry

I agree, nice original airborne title

Regards

Albert

Thanks you Albert.

It goes nicely with my few other Airborne items including an Airborne Strip.

appie_b 21-01-17 01:53 PM

Jerry

Nice set

Very rare I think the wings with the reddish bobbin thread

Regards

Albert

Mike Jackson 21-01-17 02:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JBBOND (Post 390945)
A fine original IMO.

Very nice. I have its printed cousin, but have never managed to find the EonF sans serifs version. Mike
Attachment 163586

JerryBB 21-01-17 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Jackson (Post 390955)
Very nice. I have its printed cousin, but have never managed to find the EonF sans serifs version. Mike
Attachment 163586

Very nice Mike.

I hope to add as many variations of airborne insignia as possible over time, though some are very pricey if you can find them.

popskipa 21-01-17 02:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mike,

Is this what you are looking for?

If yes please send me a pm or email

Keith

Frank Kelley 05-03-17 04:49 PM

Afternoon Jerry,
What on earth has happened to Pegasus?
He appears a little short in the hoof?:eek:
Regards Frank

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBBOND (Post 390950)
Thanks you Albert.

It goes nicely with my few other Airborne items including an Airborne Strip.

JerryBB 05-03-17 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Kelley (Post 396442)
Afternoon Jerry,
What on earth has happened to Pegasus?
He appears a little short in the hoof?:eek:
Regards Frank

Indeed Frank, somewhat short in the legs. It did make it somewhat cheaper than the ott prices such a common badge commands these days. Desirable yes but they are commonly seen Imo.

I would like to add a decent pair someday.

Frank Kelley 10-03-17 11:50 AM

Quite frankly Jerry, the market is being driven and has been for sometime, the Dutch are largely responsible for it, so don't be tempted to pay too much, they are common things.

JerryBB 11-03-17 02:21 PM

Hard to find a pair for less than £140-160 these days.

fougasse1940 11-03-17 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Kelley (Post 397043)
the market is being driven and has been for sometime, the Dutch are largely responsible for it

Not sure I can completely agree with that. To my knowledge only a handful of Dutch are interested in British Airborne, because they played an important role in our liberation, and most of them are forum members here.
The real reason behind the price hike are in my humble opinion the former German SS collectors who find either originals too expensive or can't discern between originals and fakes anymore, and switch to collecting British Airborne because they consider it equally 'sexy' but still relatively unspoiled and affordable. Now some of those may be Dutch as well, I'm afraid, but certainly not the majority.

Rgds, Thomas.

Frank Kelley 12-03-17 11:15 AM

I certainly was not aware that any of the larger Dutch based dealers were actually members of this forum, but, I do know that they have indeed bought up very considerable quantities of airborne related material over the last decade and have been responsible for the driven marketplace that exists today, in actual fact, I was only talking to a well known auctioneer, here, about it a few weeks ago.
The amount of kit that has left these shores is remarkable and this has certainly had the knock on effect, as far as prices go, all the way down to the common formation sign.