British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Schools, OTC and Cadets (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Help with some OTC Badges and buttons (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92974)

Sean Allen 21-03-23 07:35 PM

Help with some OTC Badges and buttons

15 Attachment(s)
Hi folks
This is my first post so I do hope Im posting this question in the right section, but please let me know if not and Admin delete if not appropriate.
I am not a collector of military items but I am fascinated and interested in it and also social history including world history, but I dont have a military collection as such but I do have a few items.
At the weekend at a carboot here in N.Ireland I purchased a box of badges and buttons relating to OTC etc and I was trying to find out about the history of OTC and I came across this Forum, and also as they were all in the same box, I presume maybe from the same person??, was wondering as a longggggg shot could I maybe locate the person who they belonged to from the pips?
So If anyone could anyone shed light on their history please let me know, I would be very grateful, and I just want to say this website is AMAZING, what a resource.
I have added some photos hope this helps
Thanks
Sean

altcar73 22-03-23 10:35 AM

The chrome plated buttons with the crown and fluted edge are generic police tunic buttons worn by some forces in England and Wales.

Dave.

Sean Allen 22-03-23 11:09 AM

Thank you so much Dave, I'm a complete novice so I appreciate that thanks.

irishhorse 22-03-23 11:54 AM

The SURGEON'S OTC IRELAND shoulder titles rare. And are very sought after.

norfolk regt man 22-03-23 12:38 PM

The badge with a picture on it may be from the boer war era, sold to raise funds.

mike_vee 22-03-23 12:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by norfolk regt man (Post 599310)
The badge with a picture on it may be from the boer war era, sold to raise funds.

Looks like General Roberts.

irishhorse 22-03-23 12:55 PM

The Royal Army Medical Corps badges. Are officer's service dress, the one with the blades is a cap badge, other two collar badges. The lot is not for the same person. As has been mentioned, the pin badge is Boer War, some King's Crown era items (RAMC etc), and the police buttons are modern Queen's Crown period.

Sean Allen 22-03-23 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishhorse (Post 599306)

Thank you so much for this.

Sean Allen 22-03-23 02:17 PM

Thank you so much for the information really appreciate it thank you.

Sean Allen 22-03-23 02:21 PM

Hi folks so sorry I can't locate the option to reply directly to your comments (newbie) but you folks are brilliant thanks for the information.

Sean Allen 22-03-23 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishhorse (Post 599306)

Thank you so much

irishhorse 22-03-23 02:33 PM

Sean if you click on the persons name. A drop down menu will appear click on "send a private message to.."

Sean Allen 22-03-23 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishhorse (Post 599324)
Sean if you click on the persons name. A drop down menu will appear click on "send a private message to.."

Awww thank you

irishhorse 22-03-23 03:13 PM

To answer private messages, (private messages is shown in top right of screen). Click on the messsge then "reply" write your message in the white box below, click "submit message".