British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Topics. (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   car boot finds (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80870)

billy 20-09-20 04:44 PM

car boot finds

5 Attachment(s)
Here are some finds from today, the Royal Army Ordanance Corps is an earlier riveted type maker marked to "T & S".

Large Crown what era would this be for having seen similar to 1st W.W. but also on Sgt,s Chevrons possibly 2nd W.W. ?

Another Bakerlite, Crown this time, happy with these finds don't usually get much round here!

Couldn't let these pass by - First Day Covers - But Military theme!

Mike H 20-09-20 05:06 PM

The RAOC is a very early version of the 3rd pattern in anodised. .
Worth a bit more than the later versions.
Some nice finds Billy.

billy 20-09-20 05:41 PM

Thought you would like the Green Jackets Cover!

engr9266 21-09-20 07:16 AM

Hi Billy, That's another RAOC A/A badge I need to look for :eek:
I have a RAOC T&S marked riveted brass slider so now need this one....
Jerry

Ex Supt Clk RAOC 21-09-20 08:58 AM

Billy,
Nice looking badge in good condition for its age.

Turner & Simpson badges are early and don't come along too often so its a good find. There are several variations (I already have 3 in my collection),
the one you show i have not seen before. (the T&S being slightly different from the ones i have) They come with both a brass slider and a silver coloured one (as the one you found has) and the sliders are all attached as yours is with the two rivets.

Jerry - the brass slider version comes with two different maker marks, one which is stamped in and appears almost to be etched and the second has a profile in that it appears to be raised within circles - sorry difficult to describe but if you message i could send photo's (not sure how to attach photo's on here sorry or i could have made it easier to explain)

Nice find Billy - well done

Best Regards and Stay safe in these difficult times.
Steve

grey_green_acorn 21-09-20 01:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is my RAOC by T&S with the mark on a brass slider within circles.

Tim

Mike H 21-09-20 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billy (Post 523244)
Thought you would like the Green Jackets Cover!

I do Billy,its really nice. The others are too.

billy 21-09-20 05:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
O/K this may put cat amongst the Pigeons, a WIERD shape and not as I explained in a P.M. (three circles in shape of an "L" all with lines joining them) Nope! This is completely different as you can see?

engr9266 21-09-20 10:02 PM

Billy, I have checked a couple of my Turner & Simpson badges including my RAOC badge and it is defiantly the & sign between the T & S, mate
Jerry

engr9266 21-09-20 10:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Almost forgot to add photo of badge back.

billy 22-09-20 04:30 AM

Jerry I know what you mean as I thought at start looking at it but it doesn't look like one?