British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Topics. (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   New cypher and crown (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90882)

gurkharifles 09-09-22 06:44 AM

New cypher and crown

Following the sad news of the passing of Her Majesty, I was wondering at what point the cyphers and crowns on Regimental insignia will be changed to reflect Charles III ? I know that badges were produced for Edward VIII ( were they actually worn or intended to be worn at the coronation- which never happened) ?

KLR 09-09-22 09:12 AM

The Badge Forum might to make a tribute on the death of Queen Elizabeth II...........

billy4294 10-09-22 11:37 AM

I would think that badges won't see a change in cypher and crown until after the King's Coronation, which will probably be sometime next year. Same with stamps, currency, medals for the monarchs head etc
Billyh
God Save the King
Imagine having to mourn in public

oc14 10-09-22 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billy4294 (Post 587078)
I would think that badges won't see a change in cypher and crown until after the King's Coronation, which will probably be sometime next year. Same with stamps, currency, medals for the monarchs head etc
Billyh
God Save the King
Imagine having to mourn in public

I am due to a Long Service Medal (actually The Cadet Force Medal) in December of this year. Will be interesting to see whether I get an Elizabeth II or Charles III version, technically it should be a Charles III version but we will see ....

Pau;

bess55 10-09-22 11:55 AM

I wonder if a Coronation medal for serving personnel, like the Queens Jubilee medals?

QLbadge 10-09-22 12:20 PM

I suppose on of the first bits of military uniform to change will be an issue of a coronation medal. If the precedent of the last 3 Jubilee medals is followed; that would be a broader issue than the previous coronation medal (circa 1953) and presumably the head will face the opposite way to the late Queen’s (I.e. left facing as you look at them).

crest-insignia 10-09-22 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bess55 (Post 587082)
I wonder if a Coronation medal for serving personnel, like the Queens Jubilee medals?

You little gong hunter, you??

cbuehler 10-09-22 02:37 PM

I wonder if the crown will be changed? Perhaps some changes will curtailed due to cost as there are so many possible ones. At any rate, I am sure it will be a long time to replace nearly seventy years of heraldry throughout Britain and the Commonwealth.

CB

bess55 10-09-22 07:49 PM

You can never have medals Toby . . .

UOTE=crest-insignia;587105]You little gong hunter, you??[/QUOTE]

crest-insignia 10-09-22 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bess55 (Post 587135)
You can never have medals Toby . . .

UOTE=crest-insignia;587105]You little gong hunter, you??

[/QUOTE]

Wouldn’t know, i was only a STAB.

Anyway, with your dodgy legs, the extra weight on your chest might just be too much for you to stay upright.

slick_mick 11-09-22 02:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I’m seeing this on the internet as the new Royal Cypher.

It appears the crown remains the same as the ERII Royal Cypher.

Mick

Markus Bodeux 11-09-22 05:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Some british newspapers published a photo of CRIII wearing "his new Royal Cypher" during the proclamation on saturday.
What i see is a presentation-tie-pin with the cypher of his grandfather, Georg VI ?

Regards
Markus

1664 11-09-22 07:01 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Three versions published in the newspapers so far…. one from the Sun, the Mail went for broken R one and the Express for the tie pin the King wore yesterday. The press never lies so he must be using at least three using both crowns.

Staffsyeoman 11-09-22 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1664 (Post 587150)
Three versions published in the newspapers so far…. one from the Sun, the Mail went for broken R one and the Express for the tie pin the King wore yesterday. The press never lies so he must be using at least three using both crowns.

The tie pin says GVIR. It's his grandfather's cypher.

cavalryman 11-09-22 09:55 AM

King Charles III new cypher

Hi Guy's, Can't see how that broken R could be made into a metal badge/title,

As there is nothing to attach the bottom leg to.

Would work ok in Embroidery though.... back to the drawing board!

best regards John