British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   It's a Mystery -Unknown Insignia for Identification (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Army Cadet Force Bullion titles ? (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88211)

NEMO 26-01-22 07:16 PM

Army Cadet Force Bullion titles ?

Any Ideas what these are for please ?

JerryBB 26-01-22 07:22 PM

No pics mate

Alan O 26-01-22 07:23 PM

if they are red backed then for Mess kit - they love the dressing up.
You also find them on Rifles backing for the Rifles ACF.

NEMO 26-01-22 07:31 PM

HI Pics not loading , will try later they are gold bullion on black cloth , about a third size of a normal ACF cloth titles.

oc14 26-01-22 08:25 PM

[QUOTE=- they love the dressing up.
[/QUOTE]

Not all do! I’ll do almost anything to avoid wearing Mess Kit….

NEMO 27-01-22 11:28 AM

2 Attachment(s)
At last

NEMO 27-01-22 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oc14 (Post 570889)
Not all do! I’ll do almost anything to avoid wearing Mess Kit….

I remember you when you were` Cav` with your silk lined privately tailored combat jacket picnic hamper a bottle of port an a cold duck a Purdey shot gun over the arm an your gun dogs ` heather an Bracken ` !! happy times

REME 245 27-01-22 01:14 PM

In my County we have no Officers Mess or any other kind of Mess so no dressing up here but no doubt some Counties still encourage it.

Alan O 27-01-22 02:04 PM

Either a dark blue mess dress or a No1 dress jacket. Yes I know the ACF should not need these but you would be amazed what is bought.

bess55 27-01-22 07:38 PM

No.1 dress - and yes, unbelievably, we had one or two sets jn my ACF unit (as well as No.2 dress). They were worn when cadets did mess waitering occasionally at annual camp or dinner nights etc.

seanhath 28-01-22 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan O (Post 570951)
Either a dark blue mess dress or a No1 dress jacket. Yes I know the ACF should not need these but you would be amazed what is bought.

Why should they not need these?
Many, myself included are ex-regular soldiers who've kept thier mess dress kit which is worn with ACF titles. Feel free to continue to belittle it as 'dressing up' all you want.

oc14 28-01-22 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanhath (Post 571039)
Why should they not need these?
Many, myself included are ex-regular soldiers who've kept thier mess dress kit which is worn with ACF titles. Feel free to continue to belittle it as 'dressing up' all you want.

Sean

The only people who belittle CFAVs are those who have never worked with the cadet forces and thus have no understanding of the effort that these people put in for very little reward (financial or otherwise ). Those who consider it to be nothing more than “dressing up” are simply perpetuating a stereotype of which they have no knowledge…

Paul L (ex regular soldier, ex reservist and proud to be a current Cadet Force officer)

Alan O 28-01-22 06:17 PM

Quite right it's all about the cadet experience for the young people. If they want to wear Blues and Mess Kit then good luck to them.

54Bty 28-01-22 06:36 PM

I may be wrong (again) but I thought it was the Cadet Forces Adult Volunteers (CFAV) who were authorised to wear No.1 Dress and No.10 Dress, not the Cadets. Unless the Cadet has a special reason or particular position in the Unit.

Marc

Eddie Parks 28-01-22 07:02 PM

The last time I " dressed up"as a Wavy Navy Lt Cdr was to preside over an SCC Trafalgar Dinner on the 200th anniversary of the battle. We hosted 750 people, including the Bailiff of Guernsey (representing HM), Lord Bryce, the recently retired First Sea Lord, Lord Guernsey, and the Lt Governor of Guernsey (retired Admiral). Royal Marine band played though dinner. I was very proud to be able to start my Loyal Toast with "Bailiff, My Lords, Your Excellecy, Ladies and Gentlemen ..." Lord Bryce proposed "The Immortal Memory" and also announced his marriage the previous day to his long term partner. The event was reported in the Court and Social Column of the Telegraph and in the Tatler.

We had a siient auction afterwards for RN and SCC charities and one guest paid £1,000 for a RN Officers sword.

I thought it was a good finish to my mixed military career.

I can thoroughly recommend the cadet forces to all ex service people.