British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arab Nations (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Iranian Armour (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72896)

fearnaught 23-03-19 04:01 PM

Iranian Armour

2 Attachment(s)
Hi, Firstly apologies to any Iranians for putting this in the Arab section, what I would like to know is, what are the coloured armoured discs? arm badges, collars or what, also does anyone know what were worn as armoured collars during the Shah's reign? thanks in advance Mike

Flatdog 24-03-19 03:57 AM

Hello Fearnaught,

The crossed sabres with tank were worn on collars (metal on field dress, black cloth on dress uniform) during the the Imperial period, the ones in a frame are for officers. I have never seen those discs before, but a few minutes of searching and I may have found what they are. The discs are attached to a leather fob and worn suspended on the pocket.

The metal eagle is Syrian Armed Forces.

Clay

Flatdog 24-03-19 06:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Fearnaught,

Please see attached.

Attachment 204135

fearnaught 24-03-19 10:21 AM

Hi.Clay, thank you very much and yes the cap badge was the wrong one. Mine is on a beret and my brain must have had a senior moment. I'd just redone the Syrian board and left off that and the rank badges, thanks for the reminder, best wishes Mike

Quicksilver 25-03-19 07:36 AM

Iranian patches and collars

Flatdog is right of course, but I have a page to show you from an official book on the Shah's Army. You can have a close look at yours and see if they are identical. I used to own the Signals collar which had a piece of brown oblong material behind it. Suspect they all have that. The black cloth patches with gold motives are Iranian too but belong to the Revolutionary Guard. They are a rather large army too, designed to counter The Army should they become revolting too.
Quicksilver

Flatdog 27-03-19 04:10 AM

Cliff,

Do you have the particulars on the Book you mentioned on the Shah's Army, I'd like to get hold of a copy.

Clay

Quicksilver 28-03-19 01:58 AM

Clay, The book was sent to me many years ago by the Iranian Embassy in Canberra. It is a small hardback book from the PUBLIC RELATIONS DEPARTMENT OF SUPREME COMMANDER'S STAFF DEPARTMENT. Printed by Offset Press Inc. Tehran, Iran. PM me if there is anything you are especially interested in.
Cliff

Quicksilver 11-04-19 12:03 AM

Iranian Armour

1 Attachment(s)
Mike, I seem to have forgotten to post the collar badges worn by the Shah's Armoured Corps in my earlier post. My apologies. This is definitely the Shah's period of time.
quicksilver

fearnaught 11-04-19 08:02 AM

Hi Cliff, thank you for the image. In the image I posted, the set of tanks to the left, if it was upright!!, are a very near match. The ones on the right have slight differences, thanks again best wishes Mike.