British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cavalry, Yeomanry, Tank/RAC Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   RAC Yacht Club (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76698)

Phil2M 06-01-20 08:33 PM

RAC Yacht Club

1 Attachment(s)
Hi All,

For your possible interest, a QC, Royal Armoured Corps Yacht Club cap :)

Cap is made by Gieves of London and is their Cherbourg pattern. It has small, black, naval style buttons for the chin strap.

Cheers,

Phil

Sonofacqms 06-01-20 08:53 PM

RAC Yacht Club

Phil,

You never fail to amaze me on your finds, most unusual!

Rob

Phil2M 06-01-20 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonofacqms (Post 496596)
Phil,

Rob

Thanks Rob. I must admit that I am exceptionally happy with this one.

Noxin 06-01-20 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonofacqms (Post 496596)
Phil,

Rob

I concur with Sonofacqms.

A lovely find and somewhat of a rarity no doubt? Always a pleasure to see Phil’s offerings. He is most definitely a great asset to the forum, I think we can all agree. Thank you for sharing it with us.

N

Phil2M 06-01-20 11:47 PM

Thank you, Noxin. It's very kind of you to say so :o I haven't seen another example of this badge, it had remained elusive much like the HDYC example I missed out on (to a former forum member) a while back.

Do you mind me asking the origin of your username, its not too clear on Google, but appears to be an antibiotic? My curiosity is piqued.

Cheers,

Phil

Frank Kelley 07-01-20 01:48 PM

Certainly interesting and complete with a very attractive badge, I particularly like the tiny red central jewel to the crown!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil2M (Post 496594)
Hi All,

For your possible interest, a QC, Royal Armoured Corps Yacht Club cap :)

Cap is made by Gieves of London and is their Cherbourg pattern. It has small, black, naval style buttons for the chin strap.

Cheers,

Phil

Phil2M 07-01-20 07:21 PM

Hi Frank,

The jewel is strange, it seems it should be blue....

Artynut 07-01-20 10:25 PM

I’m sure they would have had their own jacket buttons as well? My RA yacht club badge is very similar in size and shape. I also have the buttons. I do not have the hat, reckon that’s a rare find you have there! Congratulations. Regards, David J.

Frank Kelley 08-01-20 08:08 AM

It is certainly a lovely item.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil2M (Post 496656)
Hi Frank,

The jewel is strange, it seems it should be blue....

sketchley kid 08-01-20 06:39 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Only just seen this....this may be of interest........King's Crown

Phil2M 12-01-20 03:11 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Thank you, everyone.

Thats a nice silk you have there Sketchley, thank you for showing it. Interesting that the cap badge does not have the ensigns featured.

Fyi, here are some of my other cap badges to forces yacht clubs. Royal Engineers, Royal Artillery and Royal Fusiliers :)

Cheers,

Phil

Hawthorn 17-01-20 02:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thought I'd add this one as a similar theme, Royal Navy Sailing Association Badge.

Simon.

Phil2M 17-01-20 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawthorn (Post 497574)
Thought I'd add this one as a similar theme, Royal Navy Sailing Association Badge.

Simon.

Nice, there are KC and QC versions of this one :)

CB101 17-01-20 07:15 PM

You might find the book Yacht and Rowing Club Buttons of the British Isles, 1750-1950 Descriptions, Histories and Values by Roger Revell of interest.
Not an expensive book and extremely helpful for identification purposes

Phil2M 17-01-20 08:37 PM

Thank you, I will look it up :)