British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Schools, OTC and Cadets (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Independent Cadet Forces (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71419)

CAM 01-01-19 04:19 PM

Independent Cadet Forces

1 Attachment(s)
I was unaware that there Independent Cadet Forces outside the scope of the MOD.

I came across these the other day (V Force) 'fundraising'.

MarkGD 01-01-19 04:32 PM

Hi Cam, apparently so, but with no backing from MOD and also no accountability to the parents, would be interested to know where you came across them. Regards Mark

CAM 01-01-19 04:41 PM

Mark,

I came across them packing bags at Sainsbury's, Farnborough. I spoke with the "OC" who gave me some general bumpf.

Chris

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkGD (Post 463993)
Hi Cam, apparently so, but with no backing from MOD and also no accountability to the parents, would be interested to know where you came across them. Regards Mark

grey_green_acorn 01-01-19 05:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There is also the Kent (Marine) Cadet Force www.kmcf.co.uk

Tim

grenadierguardsman 01-01-19 07:15 PM

Why not just stick with Navy, Army or Royal Air Force cadets ?
Andy:confused:

REME 245 01-01-19 09:19 PM

The Sea Cadets are of course a Charity and not part of the MOD but they do receive assistance. The attached leaflet is wrong in saying that that the SCC is part of the CCF.

MarkGD 02-01-19 12:05 PM

Thanks CAM, appreciated, one does wonder why these groups evolve when there are plentiful 'sponsored' cadet units about. And what a choice of badge, maybe we will see further 'special forces' cadet units! :) Regards Mark

grenadierguardsman 02-01-19 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkGD (Post 464062)
Thanks CAM, appreciated, one does wonder why these groups evolve when there are plentiful 'sponsored' cadet units about. And what a choice of badge, maybe we will see further 'special forces' cadet units! :) Regards Mark

Ha, SAS cadets. Parading in balaclava's.....
Andy:o

oc14 02-01-19 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grenadierguardsman (Post 464097)
Ha, SAS cadets. Parading in balaclava's.....
Andy:o

Andy

for a short while in the 1960s, Otley Detachment of the West Riding of Yorkshire Army Cadet Force did actually wear the cap badge of the SAS (their Sponsor unit was B Squadron of 23 SAS) - never say never.

Meanwhile I have to put up with my son wearing the cap badge of some strange unit by the name of "The Grenadier Guards" at his ACF Detachment !!

PL

grenadierguardsman 02-01-19 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oc14 (Post 464099)
Andy

for a short while in the 1960s, Otley Detachment of the West Riding of Yorkshire Army Cadet Force did actually wear the cap badge of the SAS (their Sponsor unit was B Squadron of 23 SAS) - never say never.

Meanwhile I have to put up with my son wearing the cap badge of some strange unit by the name of "The Grenadier Guards" at his ACF Detachment !!

PL

Poor lad, I feel for him. Whatever you do get him to join a Corps, if he intends to join up.
Andy:D

54Bty 02-01-19 07:53 PM

Also "Mansfield Cadet Corps" and "Marine Training Corps".

Marc

oc14 02-01-19 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54Bty (Post 464111)
Also "Mansfield Cadet Corps" and "Marine Training Corps".

Marc

Mansfield Cadet Corps is no more (thank god)

PL

54Bty 02-01-19 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oc14 (Post 464132)
Mansfield Cadet Corps is no more (thank god)

PL

Any idea what the beret badge was, I have a few of cloth 'trade' badges?

Marc

Luke H 02-01-19 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAM (Post 463989)
I was unaware that there Independent Cadet Forces outside the scope of the MOD.

I came across these the other day (V Force) 'fundraising'.

Wonder how long until one of these badges turns up on eBay described as a modern ‘genuine’ unofficial UKSF badge... start the clock.