British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off topic (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Ebay issues (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82701)

slick_mick 14-01-21 04:07 AM

Ebay issues

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue with ebay? It happens on different PCs for me as well.

When i'm viewing a page (Militaria in this case) it works but when I select Australia for Item Location I get this error message.

This page isn’t working
If the problem continues, contact the site owner.
HTTP ERROR 431

Quite a strange one and frustrating as I'm only looking for items in Australia and not interested in overseas items that now populate ebay AU as well.

Mick

Wmr-RHB 14-01-21 11:19 AM

It is an error in the HTTP protocol. That is the way your web browser talks with the web server.
Quote:

431 Request Header Fields Too Large (RFC 6585)
The server is unwilling to process the request because either an individual header field, or all the header fields collectively, are too large
This is quite basic. The server blames the browser, but as you only clicked on a link put on the page by the server in the first place, I am not sure it isn't a web site problem.

When this was the web site of a smaller organisation one could contact them to try solving the problem in coordination. But I am afraid that this is not something one would want to try with such a large and autistic company.

Your description on how to do this is not precise enough (with link) for me to try to reproduce it from my system.

mike_vee 15-01-21 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slick_mick (Post 535121)
When i'm viewing a page (Militaria in this case) it works but when I select Australia for Item Location I get this error message.

This morning I'm searching Militaria but when I select UK for item location I get this message :

Pardon our interruption...
As you were browsing eBay, something about your browser made us think you were a bot. There are a few reasons this might happen:
  • You're a power user moving through this website with super-human speed.
  • You've disabled JavaScript in your web browser.
  • A third-party browser plugin, such as Ghostery or NoScript, is preventing JavaScript from running.

Tried other options , European Union / Worldwide / Default and all work fine .

altcar73 15-01-21 12:38 PM

Yes, I got the same message. eBay pratting around as usual. They employ no end of computer wiz kids who are plainly under employed and appear to spend their time thinking up new ways of doing things aside from re-arranging the site so that you and many others scratch their head wondering what's gone wrong and where as this and that disappeared to. I no longer get wound up about it.

Dave.

slick_mick 16-01-21 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by altcar73 (Post 535232)
Yes, I got the same message. eBay pratting around as usual. They employ no end of computer wiz kids who are plainly under employed and appear to spend their time thinking up new ways of doing things aside from re-arranging the site so that you and many others scratch their head wondering what's gone wrong and where as this and that disappeared to. I no longer get wound up about it.

Dave.

Probably cutting costs and outsourcing to the lowest bidder! It's most annoying and there is no way to log a ticket for them to fix it either.

Mick

Mike H 17-01-21 03:27 PM

It irritates me when I search in the UK for ...... badge ,I get half listed under badges and patches the rest under militaria. Whereas on Ebay.com I get all the badges under militaria.