British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Royal Navy and Royal Marines (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Royal Yacht Collection (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83367)

sailorbear 20-02-21 05:39 PM

Royal Yacht Collection

1 Attachment(s)
Sorting through my collection of Royal Yacht insignia, in view of mounting them in a display, anyone know of any other Royal Yacht badges and have images they're willing to share, I'd love to see them and get an idea of what else to look out for to complete the collection!

Regards

Tony

Roy 20-02-21 06:33 PM

A lovely grouping Tony,

Well done and thanks for sharing mate.

Cheerio,
Roy

engr9266 20-02-21 07:52 PM

Royal Yacht

3 Attachment(s)
A collection of Royal Yacht shoulder titles I have.
Jerry

conservator 21-02-21 04:22 AM

Royal Yacht badges

1 Attachment(s)
Tony,
Some more examples for you.
There seems to have been a number of branches present on the Royal Yacht, some of which you would least expect, some of the weapons branches for example; I don't know whether these ratings performed the function shown on their badges or whether they were volunteers for other roles and simply retained their original branch badges whilst aboard, Gunnery for example.

conservator 21-02-21 04:24 AM

Royal Yacht badges

1 Attachment(s)
First pic that didn't upload.
George

sailorbear 21-02-21 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conservator (Post 539480)
First pic that didn't upload.
George

Cheers George, just what I was looking for, Thanks!

sailorbear 21-02-21 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by engr9266 (Post 539448)
A collection of Royal Yacht shoulder titles I have.
Jerry

Cheers Jerry!

Guzzman 21-02-21 07:34 PM

Royal Yacht Collection

Firstly, every single trade or rate badge used by the RN was also made in a white-on-blue version for Royal Yacht personnel. All the crew were volunteers and could be from any branch and any rate, so the variety of badges available is virtually limitless!

Good Conduct badges were also made in white-on-blue.

And I have example of each of the King's Crown 'Royal Yacht' titles issued - red-on-blue and gold-on blue. These were in use between 1927 and 1951. I will post some images of mine if you are interested.

Pete

sailorbear 21-02-21 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guzzman (Post 539611)
Firstly, every single trade or rate badge used by the RN was also made in a white-on-blue version for Royal Yacht personnel. All the crew were volunteers and could be from any branch and any rate, so the variety of badges available is virtually limitless!

Good Conduct badges were also made in white-on-blue.

And I have example of each of the King's Crown 'Royal Yacht' titles issued - red-on-blue and gold-on blue. These were in use between 1927 and 1951. I will post some images of mine if you are interested.

Pete

Cheers Pete, would love to see them!

Tony

Guzzman 22-02-21 10:19 AM

Royal Yacht Collection

Hi

My pleasure. I'll scan some images of them over the next couple of days and post them on here.

Pete

Guzzman 25-02-21 04:12 PM

Royal Yacht Collection

2 Attachment(s)
Hi

I'm unable to get to my RM Band Service badges at the moment as I'm having a bit of a reorganisation - which means the room I keep my collection in is in chaos!

However I have found a couple of images of the King's Crown Royal Yacht shoulder titles elsewhere and I'm posting those . I know it's cheating but they are exactly the same as mine - one gold-on-blue and one red-on-blue. I hope you don't mind my doing this but I didn't want to keep you waiting! Thanks!

Pete