British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photographs of British Servicemen and Women Wearing Insignia (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Unknown Pagri flashes (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73787)

Postwarden 18-05-19 04:03 PM

Unknown Pagri flashes

3 Attachment(s)
Anyone got any thoughts on the regiments of these soldiers? The standing man is wearing spurs so presumably mounted. The best close up of his title suggests either RE or ?H. A close up of the pagri flash suggests there might be a metal badge just visible above the flash top.

The other one is a simple two colour, the bugler's dark cords a possible pointer to the regiment.

Suggestions please.

Jon

leigh kitchen 18-05-19 04:19 PM

The small metal badge, initially I wondered if it may actually be a small tuft or pompom (did KOYLI wear such a thing at that time?) but is it a metal fitting for a plume or hackle.

High Wood 18-05-19 05:22 PM

Rifle Brigade?

cbuehler 19-05-19 12:03 AM

I don't think the man standing is Rifle Brigade. Note the spurs and four pocket KD tunic, as well as brass buttons.
I don't recognize the flash design on the man seated either.

CB

High Wood 19-05-19 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbuehler (Post 478686)
I don't think the man standing is Rifle Brigade. Note the spurs and four pocket KD tunic, as well as brass buttons.
I don't recognize the flash design on the man seated either.

CB

I was going by the two letter shoulder title for which there are a limited number of options. R.E., R.B., R.F., etc.

leigh kitchen 19-05-19 05:19 AM

The man standing - "LG"?
Possibly the Life Guards cap badge showing a bove the helmet flash?

fairlie63 19-05-19 09:42 AM

I wonder whether perhaps the standing man, if it is an RE title, has the colour patch for the Imperial Field Squadron/Australian Field Squadron which from formation in February 1917 until September 1917 included British personnel who manned Sqn HQ and two of its troops.

The patch was dark blue and scarlet, divided obliquely with blue to the front and was authorised in 1916 for the Anzac Fd Sqn, of which two troops eventually became components of the Imperial Fd Sqn.

Keith

cbuehler 19-05-19 11:47 PM

Definitely not The Life Guards, but possibly fairlie63 may be on to something here. They may indeed be Commonwealth....

CB

Toby Purcell 22-05-19 05:51 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I think the standing man is a Hussar, his shoulder title is I think either, 13H or 18H (the enlarged image seems to show two numbers and the letter H). The metal device protruding behind the flash is a plume holder, used only when in Review Order. The seated figure is a drummer, possibly a ‘boy’ entrant going from his extreme youth. The drummers cords seem as if they might be the plain green of a non-Royal infantry line regiment.

badjez 22-05-19 07:04 AM

Pagri flash

Neither can be that young as they both wear two service chevrons on their lower arms.

Stephen.

cbuehler 22-05-19 04:59 PM

Hussars is a good possibility, although I cant link the Pagri flash, which doesn't mean much:o
I still find that four pocket tunic unusual. Note the seated man appears to have the standard 1902 KD tunic with pointed pocket flaps, which would only have the two upper pockets.
Those Bombay Bowlers they have were more commonly seen after ww1, but I believe some were worn during the war as well.

CB