British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off topic (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   British Army Recruitment Campaign 2019 (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71469)

grey_green_acorn 03-01-19 10:10 PM

British Army Recruitment Campaign 2019

1 Attachment(s)
These posters form part of the 2019 recruitment campaign launched today.

Tim

wardog 03-01-19 10:43 PM

:eek:I think more of the original version. I'm sure the response will be overwhelming from those targeted:rolleyes: Regards, Paul.

grey_green_acorn 03-01-19 10:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by wardog (Post 464288)
:eek:I think more of the original version. I'm sure the response will be overwhelming from those targeted:rolleyes: Regards, Paul.

Yes, I use this version of the original K of K poster to include with some of my eBay sales and encourage new members!

Tim

Jelly Terror 04-01-19 09:10 AM

Had no idea what ‘Snow Flake’ was; had to Google it:

‘Snowflake is a 2010s derogatory slang term for a person, implying that they have an inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are over-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions. Common usages include the terms special snowflake, Generation Snowflake, and snowflake as a politicized insult.’

tonyb 04-01-19 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jelly Terror (Post 464300)

‘Snowflake is a 2010s derogatory slang term for a person, implying that they have an inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are over-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions. Common usages include the terms special snowflake, Generation Snowflake, and snowflake as a politicized insult.’

Me too, I thought it was something off ' Love thy neighbour' .
Tony.

Jelly Terror 04-01-19 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyb (Post 464304)
Me too, I thought it was something off ' Love thy neighbour' .
Tony.

:D:D

leigh kitchen 04-01-19 09:46 AM

Remember the good old days when getting a gun and things used to get a mention?
Well, ok, sport used to get a mention and there was the travel and see the world thing, but everyone knew that was just code for "invade strange, exotic countries meet foreign people armed with sharp fruit and kill them".
And where's the poster for the Binge Drinker and the 200 a Day Man.

I have however always liked the RAF recruiting films aimed at the Snowflakes:

https://youtu.be/r_b1Y-Rl_Uo

fairlie63 04-01-19 11:17 AM

Quote:

Then that just about describes the modern young (and not necessarily young) Western human being: "It's all about ME".

Keith

High Wood 04-01-19 12:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The campaign is already being parodied.

leigh kitchen 04-01-19 12:47 PM

Unfortunately when it comes to parody those posters line up up like ducks at a shooting gallery.
Having said that, sneer as I may, I haven't come up with any good ideas to improve recruiting.

leigh kitchen 04-01-19 12:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This guy's a bit more natural, very scruffy but looks a little less "precious" than the latest androgenous (ok, not the moustachiod selfie guy) models.
August 1972.

Hoot 04-01-19 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grey_green_acorn (Post 464282)
These posters form part of the 2019 recruitment campaign launched today.

Tim

There was a time when it was simply known as "Scraping the bottom of the barrel".

54Bty 04-01-19 05:29 PM

Quote:

I thought it was the new name for a "Politician".

Jelly Terror 04-01-19 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54Bty (Post 464358)
I thought it was the new name for a "Politician".

Ha! Agreed. Sounds like a description of the House of Commons at PMQs!

Jelly Terror 04-01-19 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoot (Post 464350)
There was a time when it was simply known as "Scraping the bottom of the barrel".

Vous écrivez les mots justes! :D:D