Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Badge photo if possible please?

Hi

Can anyone supply a picture of a Bombay Volunteer Artillery Officers cap badge that would have been worn in WW1 Bronze OSD or regular pattern volunteer badge in Silver is fine.

Many thanks and best regards.

Paul
    KINGSMAN64
    Last edited by kingsman64; 25-09-11, 09:10 PM.

Bombay

I have looked through my HW Cox book and altho he mentions The Bombay vol. Arty. no badge is shown. Not much help to you. John.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder44 View Post
      I have looked through my HW Cox book and altho he mentions The Bombay vol. Arty. no badge is shown. Not much help to you. John.
      You and me both! I have just aquired a nice group of medals to a Major and would like a badge to mount up with them.

Thanks for the lookup John great minds and all that......

Regards

Paul

Comment

There is a button here.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-M...-/350485223370

Marc
        I am still looking for the Army Formation sleeve badges from the Sultanate of Oman.

Comment

Originally posted by 54Bty View Post
          Cheers Marc I missed that, I know the button never guarantee's the badge style but based on the fact the button script is only English and because I am working on a pre-independence unit, I would hazard a guess at bog standard RA badge all in white metal with Bombay Volunteer Artillery on the scroll.

Hopefully I should be able to pick one up soon

Regards
          KINGSMAN64
          Paul

Comment

A rather long time has passed since this enquiry was posted so it may not be relevant

This is a badge I have had an enquiry about, and the only suggestion to date is that it may be the Bombay Volunteer Artillery

Should anyone be able to confirm that it would be appreciated and may help others at the same time
            Attached Files

Comment

I'd say this is the Bombay Vol Artillery, though have never seen one before. Have shooting medals to them though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dravin View Post
                A rather long time has passed since this enquiry was posted so it may not be relevant

This is a badge I have had an enquiry about, and the only suggestion to date is that it may be the Bombay Volunteer Artillery

Should anyone be able to confirm that it would be appreciated and may help others at the same time
                Hi Darvin,
                Is this image of the device on the button or is it a badge? What is its size please. The badge of the BVA if I recall was different and had full title on its scroll. Piffer

Comment

BVA

Originally posted by kingsman64 View Post
                  Hi

Can anyone supply a picture of a Bombay Volunteer Artillery Officers cap badge that would have been worn in WW1 Bronze OSD or regular pattern volunteer badge in Silver is fine.

Many thanks and best regards.

Paul
                  KINGSMAN64
                  I have several pics of 2 different BVA Helmet plates. Some sold at Bosleys March 2016 and Jul 2016

Also have a silver spoon to V Bombay Bde RFA AFI

Will post pics next week. (Don't suppose I can post Bosley's pics here,
                  so can PM then ?)

Comment

Bombay Volunteer Artillery

Not WW1
                    but maybe of interest.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X