Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Badge photo if possible please?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Badge photo if possible please?

    Hi

    Can anyone supply a picture of a Bombay Volunteer Artillery Officers cap badge that would have been worn in WW1 Bronze OSD or regular pattern volunteer badge in Silver is fine.

    Many thanks and best regards.

    Paul
    KINGSMAN64
    Last edited by kingsman64; 25-09-11, 09:10 PM.

    #2
    Bombay

    I have looked through my HW Cox book and altho he mentions The Bombay vol. Arty. no badge is shown. Not much help to you. John.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by blackpowder44 View Post
      I have looked through my HW Cox book and altho he mentions The Bombay vol. Arty. no badge is shown. Not much help to you. John.
      You and me both! I have just aquired a nice group of medals to a Major and would like a badge to mount up with them.

      Thanks for the lookup John great minds and all that......

      Regards

      Paul

      Comment


        #4
        There is a button here.

        http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-M...-/350485223370

        Marc
        I am still looking for the Army Formation sleeve badges from the Sultanate of Oman.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by 54Bty View Post
          Cheers Marc I missed that, I know the button never guarantee's the badge style but based on the fact the button script is only English and because I am working on a pre-independence unit, I would hazard a guess at bog standard RA badge all in white metal with Bombay Volunteer Artillery on the scroll.

          Hopefully I should be able to pick one up soon

          Regards
          KINGSMAN64
          Paul

          Comment


            #6
            A rather long time has passed since this enquiry was posted so it may not be relevant

            This is a badge I have had an enquiry about, and the only suggestion to date is that it may be the Bombay Volunteer Artillery

            Should anyone be able to confirm that it would be appreciated and may help others at the same time
            Attached Files

            Comment


              #7
              I'd say this is the Bombay Vol Artillery, though have never seen one before. Have shooting medals to them though.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Dravin View Post
                A rather long time has passed since this enquiry was posted so it may not be relevant

                This is a badge I have had an enquiry about, and the only suggestion to date is that it may be the Bombay Volunteer Artillery

                Should anyone be able to confirm that it would be appreciated and may help others at the same time
                Hi Darvin,
                Is this image of the device on the button or is it a badge? What is its size please. The badge of the BVA if I recall was different and had full title on its scroll. Piffer

                Comment


                  #9
                  BVA

                  Originally posted by kingsman64 View Post
                  Hi

                  Can anyone supply a picture of a Bombay Volunteer Artillery Officers cap badge that would have been worn in WW1 Bronze OSD or regular pattern volunteer badge in Silver is fine.

                  Many thanks and best regards.

                  Paul
                  KINGSMAN64
                  I have several pics of 2 different BVA Helmet plates. Some sold at Bosleys March 2016 and Jul 2016

                  Also have a silver spoon to V Bombay Bde RFA AFI

                  Will post pics next week. (Don't suppose I can post Bosley's pics here,
                  so can PM then ?)

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Bombay Volunteer Artillery

                    Not WW1
                    but maybe of interest.
                    Attached Files

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X