Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rhodesian Army

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Rhodesian Army

    Is there a member who has knowledge of the Rhodesian Army of the Bush War phase - I'm looking for any detail of a very close friend from the early 1960s at RMA Sandhurst. He was a Rhodesian and rose to the rank of Lt Col, commanding both Grey's Scouts and 1 RAR. I'm putting together some biodata on him for an RMA Sandhurst Intake 31 reunion next month. Mike

    #2
    Hi Mike, I have a copy of "Contact" which give a list of medal recipients, roll of honour, etc. best wishes Mike

    Comment


      #3
      Hi Mike, you can try Dudley Wall. He is a member on this forum. Goes by Madziro. Regards Andrew
      Last edited by Traist; 24-09-18, 10:56 AM.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by fearnaught View Post
        Hi Mike, I have a copy of "Contact" which give a list of medal recipients, roll of honour, etc. best wishes Mike
        If you have time, could you possibly look up my mate (from the sunny slopes of long ago!)
        MF McKenna (known as Mick). I think his parent regiment was Rhodesian African Rifles (RAR).
        Otterburn 1961 - he's on the left.RMAS_Otterburn 1962.jpg
        Mike

        Comment


          #5
          Hi Mike, had a quick look through the medal rolls, but couldn't find him, best wishes Mike

          Comment


            #6
            I have looked up the book 'Rhodesia Medal Roll' by David Saffery, ISBN 0-9553936-0-4 and on page 133 I find a reference to Lt. Col. M.F.McKenna, awarded the Exemplary Service Medal on 25 April 1980. No other information - just the name and date of the award.
            Keep the flame lily burning

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by fearnaught View Post
              Hi Mike, had a quick look through the medal rolls, but couldn't find him, best wishes Mike
              Extraordinary, given that he went full career in the Rhodesian Army including two verified command appointments. But very many thanks for checking. Mike

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by johnG View Post
                I have looked up the book 'Rhodesia Medal Roll' by David Saffery, ISBN 0-9553936-0-4 and on page 133 I find a reference to Lt. Col. M.F.McKenna, awarded the Exemplary Service Medal on 25 April 1980. No other information - just the name and date of the award.
                Very many thanks. I'm most grateful. Mike

                Comment


                  #9
                  Hullo Mike

                  Trust you are well. I will have a little look for some info when I get home this evening.

                  Kind regards

                  Dudley

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Dudley.
                    Many thanks. Perhaps we could have a chat on the phone about this tomorrow? Mike

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X