Rhodesian Army

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rhodesian Army

Is there a member who has knowledge of the Rhodesian Army of the Bush War phase - I'm looking for any detail of a very close friend from the early 1960s at RMA Sandhurst. He was a Rhodesian and rose to the rank of Lt Col, commanding both Grey's Scouts and 1 RAR. I'm putting together some biodata on him for an RMA Sandhurst Intake 31 reunion next month. Mike

Hi Mike, I have a copy of "Contact" which give a list of medal recipients, roll of honour, etc. best wishes Mike

Comment

Hi Mike, you can try Dudley Wall. He is a member on this forum. Goes by Madziro. Regards Andrew
      Last edited by Traist; 24-09-18, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fearnaught View Post
        Hi Mike, I have a copy of "Contact" which give a list of medal recipients, roll of honour, etc. best wishes Mike
        If you have time, could you possibly look up my mate (from the sunny slopes of long ago!)
        MF McKenna (known as Mick). I think his parent regiment was Rhodesian African Rifles (RAR).
        Otterburn 1961 - he's on the left.RMAS_Otterburn 1962.jpg
        Mike

Comment

Hi Mike, had a quick look through the medal rolls, but couldn't find him, best wishes Mike

Comment

I have looked up the book 'Rhodesia Medal Roll' by David Saffery, ISBN 0-9553936-0-4 and on page 133 I find a reference to Lt. Col. M.F.McKenna, awarded the Exemplary Service Medal on 25 April 1980. No other information - just the name and date of the award.
            Keep the flame lily burning

Comment

Originally posted by fearnaught View Post
              Hi Mike, had a quick look through the medal rolls, but couldn't find him, best wishes Mike
              Extraordinary, given that he went full career in the Rhodesian Army including two verified command appointments. But very many thanks for checking. Mike

Comment

Originally posted by johnG View Post
                I have looked up the book 'Rhodesia Medal Roll' by David Saffery, ISBN 0-9553936-0-4 and on page 133 I find a reference to Lt. Col. M.F.McKenna, awarded the Exemplary Service Medal on 25 April 1980. No other information - just the name and date of the award.
                Very many thanks. I'm most grateful. Mike

Comment

Hullo Mike

Trust you are well. I will have a little look for some info when I get home this evening.

Kind regards

Dudley

Comment

Dudley.
                    Many thanks. Perhaps we could have a chat on the phone about this tomorrow? Mike

Comment

Working...
                    X