IX (Norfolk?) banner Toye make

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IX (Norfolk?) banner Toye make

Purchased in Norfolk, assuming it to be associated with the (Royal) Norfolk regiment. Missing something off the top, three ties, some form of transfer printed insignia, the tassles were originally a deep red colour. I considered a drum drape, but not the right shape and lacking the intricate work of regimental drapes?
    And am I right a similar example appeared on this forum before? I tried to locate the thread but..............
    Attached Files

Music stand banner? I have an RAOC one
    Cheers
    Sean

Comment

Music stand banner it is, and maybe Norfolk, will have to look at some photos

Comment

Happy to accept that many thanks indeed both.

Comment

Music stand banner, made around the early1930's for the 2nd Battalion when they were stationed in Portsmouth. Disposed off by the Regimentel Assosiation about 15 years ago circa 50-60 sold or givenaway

Comment

Originally posted by humptydumpty View Post
            Music stand banner, made around the early1930's for the 2nd Battalion when they were stationed in Portsmouth. Disposed off by the Regimentel Assosiation about 15 years ago circa 50-60 sold or givenaway
            A lovely piece of information, thank you for sharing. May I enquire how you came to know this? I only have a couple of standard regimental reference books on the Norfolks and neither gave any clues as to this banners' history.

Comment

I was there when they where disposed off and i have seen the purchase order for toye kenning ( But not dated ) for there shop in Portsmouth

Comment

Very interesting indeed, thank you very much for sharing the information
                I don't suppose you would know what the missing parts were on the top of the banner?

Comment

didn't think anything was missing from the top, Should just be 3 strings to tie onto the stands and wood to give it regidity.by the way The Norfolks had black drapes for drums and music stand banners in memory of Gen Sir John Moore who they buried at Corunna in 1809

Comment

Here’s one too
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by norfolk regt man View Post
                      Here’s one too
                      I've recently bought an embroidered panel of the colours of The Northumberland Fusiliers, looks like it's a very similar production to the panel that you're showing the bottom of.

Comment

Working...
                      X