Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Berkhampstead School

Hello Troops
    Can any one put a photo up, of the Berkhampstead school. There are a couple on eBay, but they are not the same badge.
    Thanks.

https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...7&d=1342023336

Terry

They wore the old RVC badge.

Ebay ones are usually the slightly different design of 1908 Yeomanry ones or the Herts & Beds yeo fake long antlered deer badges that were not worn by post Ww2 Yeomanry ORs but are widely faked.

I have yet to find one myself so it's on my 'wants' list.
    Last edited by Alan O; 28-05-19, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Many thanks Alan for your help. I have bought the badge on ebay through a reputable dealer, so thanks again.
      Regards Terry

Comment

if you can post an image I am happy to ID it for you.

Comment

Alan, the badge I bought is the same one as in your photo, with the s/titles.
          I don't know how to put a photo up on the forum, sorry.
          Regards Terry

Comment

As an added extra, hereís the new arm badge for the school CCF, about to be re badged to Welsh Guards too!!
            Wilf
            Attached Files

Comment

Berkhampstead School

As an Old Berkhamstedian and a former member of the CCF it's really interesting to see this thread. And it's nice to see Berkhamsted spelt as 'Berkhampstead' - the way I (as a child) and many other people still used to spell it in the 1960s. There have apparently been hundreds of ways of spelling it over the years!

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by orasot View Post
                As an added extra, hereís the new arm badge for the school CCF, about to be re badged to Welsh Guards too!!
                Wilf

Comment

Originally posted by Guzzman View Post
                  As an Old Berkhamstedian and a former member of the CCF it's really interesting to see this thread. And it's nice to see Berkhamsted spelt as 'Berkhampstead' - the way I (as a child) and many other people still used to spell it in the 1960s. There have apparently been hundreds of ways of spelling it over the years!

Pete
                  Iíve only ever known it as Berko.

Comment

Berkhampstead School

Berko is what everyone calls the town. I'm a real Berko boy! Family lived there for generations - though technically we lived in Northchurch. None left there now - except for the ones buried there! Would love to live there again but just couldn't afford it - not a cheap place to buy a house.

Former boys of Berkhamsted School are known as 'Old Berkhamstedians'. I was there in the days before it combined with the Girls School.

Haven't been back for a few years. It's about time I did again.

Pete
                    Last edited by Guzzman; 05-07-19, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Former boys of Berkhamsted School are known as 'Old Berkhamstedians'. I was there in the days before it combined with the Girls School.
                      Pete[/QUOTE]

Bit of a mouthful, but far better than 'Old Berks'

It is a lovely town though.

Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by orasot View Post
                        Wilf
                        Nice looking cloth badge

Comment

Working...
                        X