HMS Excellent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMS Excellent

I have been told that HMS Excellent was the gunnery school on Whale Island, this badge has loops North and South and measures 42mm wide x 38mm deep.

Does anyone have any further information as to who wore this badge and what period.

Thanks in advance.

Rob
    Attached Files

Sorry I canít help with any info Rob. But what a beautiful badge! Thanks for showing.

Comment

One was sold at auction a few years ago as a school of gunnery cap badge.......

Comment

See here:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ULTRA-RAR...cAAOSwgzBcMkmF

and here:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ULTRA-SCA...cAAOSw651cMkbj

regards
        Simon Butterworth

Manchester Regiment Collector
        Rank, Prize & Trade Badges
        British & Commonwealth Artillery Badges

Comment

If its going up for sale
          "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."

Comment

HMS Excellent

Thanks chaps for the replies, I was under the impression as someone told me years ago it was possibly worn by a gun team for a competition, however, as Simon has pointed me in the direction of two items on ebay for sale which are the same and a similar pouch badge I am extremely grateful for the knowledge.

At present it's on my Naval badge board and will reside there until further notice, one of my favourite badges which I have had for fifty years.

Thanks again Rob

Comment

Its a lovely badge.

Wish I could say the same about my experiences of diving at HMS Excellent - getting a mask full of jellyfish was one particular highlight...

Comment

Working...
              X