KLR in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KLR in India

Cannot quite read the precise location in India, inscribed on the reverse of this photo...

Nice picture with gramophone, records, pet pooch et al:

More here

(Will be offered for sale in due course).

Regards,

JT

JT, the hospital was in Kasauli.

Comment

Great photo, I took the attached ( much later dated ) photo on my recent visit to the Museum.I cannot remember hearing of the Kings Regiment Indian Platoon before.

P.B.
      Attached Files
      Interested in all aspects of militaria/military history but especially insignia and history of non regular units with a Liverpool connection

Ask not what the Forum can do for you, ask what you can do for the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Hoot View Post
        JT, the hospital was in Kasauli.
        Thanks, H.

Originally posted by Peter Brydon View Post
        Great photo, I took the attached ( much later dated ) photo on my recent visit to the Museum. I cannot remember hearing of the Kings Regiment Indian Platoon before.

P.B.
        Nice picture, Peter. Thanks for posting.

JT

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Brydon View Post
          Great photo, I took the attached ( much later dated ) photo on my recent visit to the Museum.I cannot remember hearing of the Kings Regiment Indian Platoon before.

P.B.
          Hello Peter, I'm not sure when the policy began, or how long it lasted for, but all the British infantry battalions had an Indian platoon at that time. I seem to recall that they worked under the officer commanding HQ Company when there was one and under the QM when there wasn't.

Comment

Working...
          X