Black composite material, 24mm diameter. A circlet inscribed East Sussex Constabulary. In the centre, on a horizontally striated background, the shield of the arms of Sussex:-six martlets with a Saxon crown above.
This example with the backmark Jas. Grove & Sons Halesowen.
East Sussex Constabulary existed 1840-1943 and 1947-1968. Amalgamated with other local Sussex forces 1943-47 to form Sussex Combined Police. The smaller forces were reformed 1947, then amalgamated again 1968 to form Sussex Constabulary. (Titled Sussex Police from 1974).