Ball button in silver plated copper. In the centre the Royal crown; at four quarters surrounding the crown the initials ‘E-L-Y-C’. 16.5mm diameter, no backmark.
Regiment formed at Haddington 1797, disbanded 1838. Reformed 1846 as the East Lothian Regiment of Yeomanry Cavalry. Troops later raised in Berwickshire, West Lothian and Midlothian. Re-titled Lothians and Berwickshire Regiment of Yeomanry Cavalry in 1888.
1 thought on “East Lothian Yeomanry Cavalry Uniform Button”
thats a really nice button mike jealous here.