Chrome plate. A circlet inscribed ‘Corrnwall Constabulary’; in the centre the ‘Cornwall shield’ surmounted by a St. Edward’s or Queen’s crown. Plain reverse.
Formed in 1857. Expanded over time with the absorption of a number of local forces:
1866 — Bodmin Borough Police
1877 — Liskeard Borough Police
1883 — Launceston Borough Police
1889 — St Ives Borough Police, Falmouth Borough Police, Helston Borough Police, Penryn Borough Police
1921 — Truro City Police
1947 — Penzance Borough Police and the Isles of Scilly Police
From 1947 the Force was officially titled the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Constabulary.
On the 1st April 1967 the force amalgamated with Plymouth City Police and the Devon and Exeter Police to form the Devon and Cornwall Constabulary.