In gilding metal. An escutcheon plate with an ornamental border containing a representation of the school arms. The top third bears a pair of fleur-de-lys with a rose in the middle over a horizontally lined field. The bottom shows the shield of the arms of the city of London. This example, two copper loops E-W.
Also produced in gold coloured anodised aluminium and worn by the Combined Cadet Force.
Christ’s Hospital O.T.C. formed 11th July 1908. Strength on the 1st April 1911 was 7 officers and 279 cadets.*
*Source: Hansard. Also note the school did have a Cadet Corps prior to acceptance as a contingent of the Officers’ Training Corps on the date above.