A brass horseshoe about 30mm tall, 29mm wide. Worn upper right arm with the open end downwards. Two copper loops to the reverse. More recent versions in gold anodised aluminium. Also produced in cloth embroidered and bullion wire.
This device dates back to 1865 and was originally worn as a cap badge by farriers. Still in use with units that retain their horses (Household Cavalry and RHA).