Silver plate, 26mm diameter. Back mark: Firmin & Sons Ld. 153 Strand London & 47 Warwick St.
Two crossed rifles, muzzles up. In the horizontal quarters, the letters ‘OU-RC’ in old english font. A similar pattern exists but with the letters ‘OU-RV’.
Corps formed at Oxford University, 8th August 1859. In 1887 became the 1st (Oxford University) Volunteer Battalion, The Oxfordshire Light Infantry.
See Westlake, R., The Rifle Volunteers. Page 122.
Ripley H., Darmanin D., Rifle Volunteer Buttons 1859-1908 (M.H.S. Special Number). Page 30-1