British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > South African Military and Police Insignia > General Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 24-05-15, 12:14 AM

Default Nonquai Feb 1941

Hi

Does anyone perhaps have a copy of the February 1941 edition of the Nonquai magazine? Apparently it had a rank chart in it. I would like to obtain a scan of the rank chart.

Thank you
Old 24-05-15, 02:28 PM

Hi

You're quite right, the February 1941 issue has a colour rank chart showing UDF ranks, including the insignia worn by women officers at that time, before they changed over to crowns and pips. The National Libraries in Pretoria and Cape Town have bound copies of The Nongqai. If you have access to either of these libraries, you could probably obtain scans there.

Arthur
Old 26-05-15, 08:44 AM

Unfortunately I don't have access to either library as I live outside SA. I'll see if I can email them and if they may be willing to email a scan to me. Knowing who has a copy is a good start though.
Old 24-06-15, 03:48 PM

Perhaps this is what you are looking for? Unfortunately this is the best resolution I can get on this forum.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Colour plate Nonquai rank insignia WW2.jpg (84.5 KB, 71 views)
Old 28-06-15, 05:49 AM

Many thanks for that!

Would you perhaps be able to email a higher resolution image if I send you my email address?

The Women's Services insignia at the bottom intrigue me as I was not awrae of some of the higher ranks until now.